Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2021

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Slowthai while not being probably everyone’s cup of tea released his new album ‘Tyron’ today, much more relaxed than his first effort ‘Nothing Great About Britain’ with some really good features from Skepta, James Blake and Denzel Curry amongst others.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The new Slowthai album is an absolute work of art. The first half sounds like Mike Skinner squeezed through a punk filter and the second half is just some really introspective hip-hop. Really, really mature project.

0023565996_16.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Couple of releases today I’m looking forward to checking out.

The new Mogwai album, As The Love Continues...

https://youtu.be/VWjzlJEmmxM

And the second one from Cassandra Jenkins, An Overview On Phenomenal Nature.

Her Laurie Anderson talk/sing style may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s good for headphones chillout if you let it grow on you...

https://youtu.be/eW8XoovSlsM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lambert - False.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
New Ricky Warwick album "When Life was Hard and Fast" is not a bad listen, you generally know what you're going to get, and you get plenty of it, with a couple of real gems in there too, try Gunslinger or Fighting Heart.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just picked up the new Julien Baker, Little Oblivions today, the indie store only yellow vinyl well worth it. Great packaging and like Phoebe Bridgers Punisher comes with a great hand written/drawn booklet. The album is an absolute belter too. After a week spent listening to the first three Gorgoroth albums this a pleasant if dark handbrake turn.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
My latest mix for anyone who is interested:
https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/sounds-of-the-airing-cupboard-63/

Tracklist
1. Horsegirl - Ballroom Dance Scene
2. Reymour - Dans l'Oregon
3. Majestolux - A Conspricay of Ravens
4. Glasnost - дом/House
5. Lava La Rue - Magic
6. HG Beats - Shadows of Mercury
7. Debby Friday - Runnin'
8. Teke::Teke - Maikyu
9. VED - Embrace of the Oarfish
10. Opposite Sex - Combine Harvester
11. Purient - Memories
12. Sarah Haras - Wish That I
13. Hannya White - For You, Without Love
14. Hot Tubs Time Machine - No Thanks, Google Maps
15. Another New Thing - A Message
16. Eccentronic Research Council - Sidonie's Dream

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
My latest mix for anyone who is interested:
https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/sounds-of-the-airing-cupboard-63/

Tracklist
1. Horsegirl - Ballroom Dance Scene
2. Reymour - Dans l'Oregon
3. Majestolux - A Conspricay of Ravens
4. Glasnost - дом/House
5. Lava La Rue - Magic
6. HG Beats - Shadows of Mercury
7. Debby Friday - Runnin'
8. Teke::Teke - Maikyu
9. VED - Embrace of the Oarfish
10. Opposite Sex - Combine Harvester
11. Purient - Memories
12. Sarah Haras - Wish That I
13. Hannya White - For You, Without Love
14. Hot Tubs Time Machine - No Thanks, Google Maps
15. Another New Thing - A Message
16. Eccentronic Research Council - Sidonie's Dream

These are brilliant, thanks.

New Maxïmo Park album out this week. On course to make number one ahead of Alice Cooper.

Thinking of singing the chorus to this to my missus each time she asks me why I can't act like a functional human being/excommunicate myself from NSC/Albion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtmcegbIYbA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m liking the new Blanck Mass album In Ferneaux. Sounds a bit **** Buttons at times....really good. As a subscriber to Sacred Bones I have a nice vinyl edition on the way.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I've just invested in a serious upgrade to the hifi and Tidal so spent a few weeks trying to find some really good new music. I'm not sure why but really struggling to find much that pokes its head above Meh status. The SAULT, Kelly Lee Owens and Laura Marling albums were all decent but they are firmly in the 2020 camp. I've actually just resigned myself to the new stash of vinyl oldies Ive been refilling the collection with instead which just compounds how much better the sounds of the 80s,90s, early 00s were!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just picked up the new Julien Baker, Little Oblivions today, the indie store only yellow vinyl well worth it. Great packaging and like Phoebe Bridgers Punisher comes with a great hand written/drawn booklet. The album is an absolute belter too. After a week spent listening to the first three Gorgoroth albums this a pleasant if dark handbrake turn.

She's great isn't she?

Talking of Baker and Bridgers, if you haven't already heard it check out BoyGenius. It's those two plus Lucy Dacus. It's also very good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
She's great isn't she?

Talking of Baker and Bridgers, if you haven't already heard it check out BoyGenius. It's those two plus Lucy Dacus. It's also very good.

Boy Genius is how I discovered all three. Holy crap that record is brilliant! and yes Julien is great, Turn Out the Lights is also a terrific record

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've just invested in a serious upgrade to the hifi and Tidal so spent a few weeks trying to find some really good new music. I'm not sure why but really struggling to find much that pokes its head above Meh status. The SAULT, Kelly Lee Owens and Laura Marling albums were all decent but they are firmly in the 2020 camp. I've actually just resigned myself to the new stash of vinyl oldies Ive been refilling the collection with instead which just compounds how much better the sounds of the 80s,90s, early 00s were!

I've just got my Cyrus 2 and PSX back from service and have been enjoying better hi-fi. . . keep flitting from new to old, like you, nothing leaps at me with any longevity . . . I listened to a few Steve MIller band albums on Sunday, early 70's ones. brilliant.

The Dials have just released a B sides and asides comp. which has its moments, I'm struggling for enthusiasm at the moment, but hopefully once we're allowed out and start playing again the mojo will return. we have an EP to release and new stuff half baked . . . all over a year old now . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here