Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] £10k for VAR today

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just browsing the Blackpool forum and didn't realise that they have to pony up £5k for VAR today. The cost was £9251 + VAT last season (rules this year are vague) to be removed from the proceeds. Given there is no gate income, will that come out of their prize money? And given the game is televised anyway, what is Oliver having for lunch that justifies that much money?

Hopefully we do the right thing and pay it all if we win.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just browsing the Blackpool forum and didn't realise that they have to pony up £5k for VAR today. The cost was £9251 + VAT last season (rules this year are vague) to be removed from the proceeds. Given there is no gate income, will that come out of their prize money? And given the game is televised anyway, what is Oliver having for lunch that justifies that much money?

Only if we win on a VAR decision..:)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bear in mind Blackpool waived their expenses when they played Eastbourne Borough.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well, you’re looking at VAR in a vacuum like it’s just one thing.

It’s a component of numerous jobs, roles and so on I guess. Assistant referees, video monitoring, additional camera crews, audio set for between the VAR team and the referee. Quite a lot of jobs there, people get paid, maybe some I’m missing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

It’s a component of numerous jobs, roles and so on I guess. Assistant referees, video monitoring, additional camera crews, audio set for between the VAR team and the referee. Quite a lot of jobs there, people get paid, maybe some I’m missing.

Setting aside the fact you are arguing with satire, it is still an awful lot of money to expect a lower league side to pay/lose because they have the misfortune to be drawn away at a club that has to use it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

And all of them a waste of time and money. var has done nothing to improve football, over-all its contribution has been incredibly negative, especially when watching the match live at the ground.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Last year people moaned that it was only used when at a premier league ground in the cup, now people moaning that someone has to pay for it at every match. Moan moan moan.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Are you sure the VAR was actually there? I think they were fraudulently invoiced. Usually there's at least 3 checks for something that wasn't a clear and obvious error. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here