Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stand by for massive squad rotation (Potter tinkering)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just had a look at our run of fixtures over the next 15 days

We have 5 games, so I imagine we will be utilising most of the players in the squad.

Are there any of you that think we should just play our strongest team in all five games, or at least the 4 league games?

Potter’s picks could be, no, will be very interesting

That is a lot of games in a short period

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No doubt there will be some rotation but with our injuries we are close to what 'Arry used to call the bare bones.

If you see the likes of Jenks, Khadra, Sanders and Swiss Andy starting today, instead of on the bench, then you can probably bet on between four and six changes for the next league game. We've also got to fit in the Polish lads at some point.

I won't be criticising Potter for tinkering with that many games coming up unless he goes into a big game with no strikers again (assuming two of Maupay, Tau and Swiss Andy stay fit) but, equally, wholesale change will mean playing the U23s mentioned above.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
I’m sure some on here will expect all the players to be able to play 5 games in 15 days. But he will be rotating massively I would imagine. Maupay isn’t capable of playing that many games in a short period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
5 games in 15 days becomes 7 in 22 days if we beat Blackpool today. I think that's an even more packed run of games than when we played 8 games in March 2011 under Poyet. A similar run of results would be most welcome though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
“He don’t even..”

Nah I won’t say it.

But I know who you’re speaking to here Icy.

It may look like that but I am genuinely interested in how people think we should approach these games. I would have said that today was a free hit, play the kids but after the dip in form after the defeat by Wednesday last season, I think trying to play a team that should win and keep boosting confidence is my preference.

Fulham game should 100% be our best team in Potter’s eyes. No risks or gambles at all in the starting line up. Things could be changed around depending on how it goes. Strong team for Burnley too. Spurs and Liverpool? No idea.

The wheels have clearly come off at Liverpool. Will they be back on by the time we play them? I won’t feel as confident as I should if we go into that game with them still struggling. Keep saying it but we ARE the go to team to halt a run of poor results :smile:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As long as we go with a 5 1 4 formation once, I'll be happy. The 5 being centre halves obviously.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just had a look at our run of fixtures over the next 15 days

We have 5 games, so I imagine we will be utilising most of the players in the squad.

Are there any of you that think we should just play our strongest team in all five games, or at least the 4 league games?

Potter’s picks could be, no, will be very interesting

That is a lot of games in a short period

If the guy that picks the side can tinker with his side with such gay abandon, then clearly it's a squad that is much of a muchness. Which don't bode particularly well in the short term

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No doubt there will be some rotation but with our injuries we are close to what 'Arry used to call the bare bones.

If you see the likes of Jenks, Khadra, Sanders and Swiss Andy starting today, instead of on the bench, then you can probably bet on between four and six changes for the next league game. We've also got to fit in the Polish lads at some point.

I won't be criticising Potter for tinkering with that many games coming up unless he goes into a big game with no strikers again (assuming two of Maupay, Tau and Swiss Andy stay fit) but, equally, wholesale change will mean playing the U23s mentioned above.

Jenks played last night so he is unlikely to be starting today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think he will play a strong team today (with some exceptions) and then the strongest possible (according to him, some will not agree) against Fulham, then resting 3-4 players vs Tottenham and a different 3-4 players vs Tottenham and then fielding the strongest possible team against Burnley. But still have a chance of getting something out of all those games, the squad is broad enough. Only March is difficult to replace in a decent manner, everywhere else there's good possibilities to rotate without losing much.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Think he will play a strong team today (with some exceptions) and then the strongest possible (according to him, some will not agree) against Fulham, then resting 3-4 players vs Tottenham and a different 3-4 players vs Tottenham and then fielding the strongest possible team against Burnley. But still have a chance of getting something out of all those games, the squad is broad enough. Only March is difficult to replace in a decent manner, everywhere else there's good possibilities to rotate without losing much.

Karbownik may well be the best like for like replacement for March.

Hopefully he'll come on from the bench in the not too distant future to acclimatise him to the role.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the guy that picks the side can tinker with his side with such gay abandon, then clearly it's a squad that is much of a muchness. Which don't bode particularly well in the short term

That’s the spirit

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Today machine is Merlin set of balls 5.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Icy that’s poor guessing ;)

Glad we’re going for it in the cup...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here