Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your next flight........hopefully with updates as time goes by.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Following on from the ‘First and Last’ flight thread..........

What do you think and/or hope your next flight will be? There will be some in the UK who have already got flights booked, both domestic and international, but can I hazard a guess that these are mostly for business? Here we are basically unable to leave Aus without specific government permission, and even then may struggle to be let back in for some time(it may be different for celebs and government officials, or tennis players).

Even domestic travel here is fraught as one state may close its borders if a COVID outbreak occurs in another state, even to its own residents! This leaves them having to pay for accomodation without being able to work.

We are booked to fly Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast in late Feb for a week of chilling, but if there is just one COVID case up there it will probably be off.

What are your plans and hopes?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Sydney to Hobart, February 18th, Virgin Australia.
Total ban for the area where we live in Sydney got lifted on Friday but now face 14 days of hotel self-isolation on arrival in Tasmania.
Obviously not doable when a 10-day driving holiday is the point of the trip.
Didn't have much hope a week or two ago but now think we could be a decent chance.
Stay tuned...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Was meant to be going to Atlanta next month for work but I doubt that will happen. That said it's likely to be my next flight even if it's delayed.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Trying to get back to UK, Alicante to Gatwick in May, third attempt. Originally booked April last year, cancelled and transferred to December, cancelled again and transferred to May. Deep down pretty sure that will be cancelled to, even if we're allowed to fly, no point spending 130 euros each for a test going out, 130 pds each for a test coming back, only to sit in daughter's house for 10 days! Despite all the criticism they receive Easyjet have been really good transferring the flights for little extra cost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Booked - May 31 to Nassau, Sept 30 to Faro and Oct 31 to Antigua. Guessing chances of actually taking them at 30, 75 & 90% perhaps
Very much hoping to fly to Scotland sooner than that to see daughter though.
May book some other trips too....BA have some v cheap deals to Europe out there at the moment

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Likely to be Bucharest, just don't know when. Have just joined a Romanian owned company and noises already been made about going out there to physically meet some of the team "as soon as it's possible".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hopefully my next flight will be when my fiancé and I go on our honeymoon.

Whether that, or indeed our wedding itself, will happen this year remains to be seen but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I'm hoping to go on holiday in 2022 or 2023 - not sure where to yet, probably somewhere English speaking, depends on the situation round the world.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Without wishing to be a Grinch about this, I hope that over the lockdown period, many people have had the opportunity to reflect on how easily and carelessly most of us used to travel around the world for something as selfish as a "good break in the sun". And having done that will commit to taking fewer flights, or none. And as a minimum look at ways to genuinely offset the damage done by flying if we do fly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

We are booked to fly Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast in late Feb for a week of chilling, but if there is just one COVID case up there it will probably be off.

What are your plans and hopes?

We have Friends in Research ( Eltham) , they have just got back from a break in Port Douglas, no COVID to worry about, just a cyclone which caused a bit of a mess.

For us our next flight will either be to North Cyprus in the summer, failing that, to Hershey in late September and failing that Aus for Christmas. Hopefully we’ll be able to do at least one of those.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm hoping to go on holiday in 2022 or 2023 - not sure where to yet, probably somewhere English speaking, depends on the situation round the world.

Similar here: not making any plans for this year as it is far too early to know what the situation is likely to be in the UK or elsewhere.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It will be to Taiwan to see elderly family but who knows when they will re-open the borders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here