Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 23rd January 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Darren England
Assistants: Nick Hopton, Matthew Jones
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
VAR: Michael Oliver
Additional VAR: Simon Bennett

Brighton boss Graham Potter wants to focus on their FA Cup fourth-round tie against Blackpool on Saturday and not be distracted by their Premier League relegation battle.

Brighton sit 17th in the league, five points clear of fellow strugglers Fulham, who they face on Wednesday.

"We've got to get into a mentality just to focus on the next match and try to win the next match," he said.

"As soon as you start looking too far ahead, you cause yourself a problem."

Potter's side scraped past League Two Newport on penalties in the last round.

"We know we need to be at our best, we know we need a bit of luck, and we have to play well to go through against Blackpool, it's as simple as that," said Potter.

"We will try to pick a team that can give us a good chance to win the game - that's what we want to do, to win the game and go through," Potter said.

Brighton's 1-0 win over Leeds ended their nine-match winless streak.

He said the win over Marcelo Bielsa's side, which followed FA Cup progression and an encouraging performance during the 1-0 loss to Manchester City, has lifted the mood among his squad.

"It's just nice to win. It's been a long while since we have so of course the feeling is positive," he said.

"We've still got a lot of work to do in terms of going through against Blackpool but also picking up points in the Premier League."

Blackpool knocked out Premier League opposition West Brom in the third round of the FA Cup on penalties.

TEAM NEWS

Potter will continue to be without a host of first-team players as defender Tariq Lamptey remains sidelined with a hamstring injury.

Midfielder Adam Lallana is still out with a groin injury and forward Danny Welbeck continues to miss out due to a knee problem.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Mat Ryan has joined Arsenal on loan for the rest of the season. The 28-year-old had recently lost his place in the team to Spaniard Robert Sanchez.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the first meeting between Brighton and Blackpool since January 2015, with the Tangerines winning 1-0 in a Championship fixture.
    [*=left]Brighton have won just one of their last five home meetings with Blackpool (D3 L1). This is the first ever meeting between the sides in a domestic cup competition.
    [*=left]Brighton have progressed from 13 of their last 15 FA Cup ties against sides from a lower division, although they were knocked out by a Championship side last season (Sheffield Wednesday).
    [*=left]Blackpool eliminated Premier League side West Bromwich Albion in the third round, having lost their previous 11 FA Cup ties against top-flight sides.
    [*=left]Brighton's Solly March has scored in his last two FA Cup appearances, having netted in just one of his previous 12 in the competition.

Graham Potter's Blackpool Press Conference

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Walton
Veltman - Webster - White
Karbownik - Moder - Alzate - March
Tau - Khadara
Zeqiri​

That’s the team I’d like to see.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Up early today, I’m taking my dad for his vaccination in Builth Wells and as such am feeling slightly more positive about the world.

Brighton 2-0 Blackpool

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It would be embarrassing to lose this, to League One opposition. After the confidence booster last week , dare we hope for some goals?
It is anybody’s guess what team he will put out, so I won’t try :albion2:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
See it’s on BT Sports Extra 2 which isn’t on virginGo, I’d be fuming if I was paying for it.

Soccer
Stream
Dash
DOT
Com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Currently very relaxed about today, this doesn’t happen very often these days.

I’d like to say I don’t care, because at the moment I don’t, but no doubt I will care once we kick off

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Apparently this is hidden away on BT Sport 3 Extra. If, like me, you get BT Sport as a default part of a Virgin Media package then it's not listed. Go to regular BT Sport 3 and you'll find it on the red button.

You're welcome.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
BT Sport

Where is the match being shown?

We have BT Sport through the Sky Box. I can’t see the match mentioned. I have seen reference elsewhere to BT Sport Extra but I can’t find that Channel listed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

We have BT Sport through the Sky Box. I can’t see the match mentioned. I have seen reference elsewhere to BT Sport Extra but I can’t find that Channel listed.

Have you got BT Sport 3 ?

If so then press the red button

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

As above, go to Bt Sport 3 and when you see the red button icon on the screen, press it and will take you too a menu where you can select the game

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
All clubs, if people read it, have a fabulous history and Blackpool certainly are a club that captures my imagination. It might be because we had both Blackpool and Preston North End to win every week because we never changed the football pools numbers, and when they were chosen, they were both top teams. It might be because Harold Larwood used to watch them when he moved there after cricket before leaving for Australia, it might also be Stanley Mathews or the famous tangerine shirt. Whatever it is, this would have been a game I would have wanted to go to.There is a bit of similarity, two seaside towns close to big cities (Brighton - London, Blackpool - Manchester/Liverpool). Although Brighton are more of an entire county of Sussex team rather than just a town team, so not as identical as many reports often claim. Looking forward to this, hope we win, but a shame I can't see this one live.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here