Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unresolved mysteries

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yes that is the first story I believe in a campaign of slow disclosure.
Its a story that is not hard evidence but makes the main news.
Lots of these over time chip away at our subconcuous so the big news isn't too much of a shock.
And to add to the intrigue of that particular article I actually believe what we are seeing is a seagull in the footage, but they know this,they wouldn't want to put real footage out there they just want the story to be on the main news and the story is that the official line now from the us military is there is strange craft that they know about and are now taking seriously.

The craziest part of all this is that we are ( as said above ) gullible . Thousands of people witnessed the Phoenix lights , they new what flares looked like as they had seen them many times before , yet when told by the USAF they were flares most doubted what they had seen . The same in 1942 Los Angeles , 1400 rounds of anti aircraft fire was used to bring down a saucer shaped object and Thousands of witnesses were told it was a balloon , and the yanks missed it ! but again the majority of people sucked it up . I think it was Stanton T Freidman who said of famous debunker Philip Klass , if an alien ship landed in his yard and gave him a thorough probing he still wouldn`t believe it . Gullible .....but not for the reasons most think .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Clapham Woods, Sussex

https://www.darkhistories.com/the-clapham-woods-mystery-satanism-the-occult/

According to an article by Nick Brownlow in the Fortean Times magazine, reports of UFO sightings and pets going missing or becoming ill in the area date back to the 1960s, as do reports of inexplicable nausea, sudden patches of grey mist, and sensations of being pushed or followed there.[2]

Four bodies have been found in Clapham Wood. In June 1972, Police Constable Peter Goldsmith went missing, and his body was found hidden in a patch of thick bramble there some six months later.[3] In August 1975, missing pensioner Leon Foster's body was found in the woods by a couple searching for a lost horse.[3] In 1978, the missing Reverend Harry Neil Snelling's body was found by a Canadian tourist. In November 1981, the body of Jillian Matthews, a homeless individual with schizophrenia, was discovered; she had been raped and strangled.[2]

In their 1987 book The Demonic Connection, authors Toyne Newton, Charles Walker and Alan Brown claimed that the woods were used for rituals by a Satanic cult calling itself "the Friends of Hecate".[2] However, when journalist Will Storr investigated this claim for his book Will Storr vs the Supernatural, he found no evidence to back it up besides odd campfires and unfriendly locals. Writer Barry Stevens has also expressed skepticism, suggesting that Newton and his co-authors either invented the lurid paranormal stories for their book, or uncritically accepted urban legends and rumours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapham_Wood
I`ve read a bit about Clapham Wood , that is one scary place . A bunch of us walked across the Downs to Chanctonbury Ring one day , very similar type of place very similar history as well . Absolutely silent inside , no birdsong or other animal sounds , couldn`t hear any traffic from the nearby road either , take one step outside and you can hear it all , freaked us all out .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think the strongest argument i ever heard was , man first flew in 1903 , a mere 66 years later we are on the moon ! . Yet virtually nothing in the previous 2000 years . I don`t think the industrial revolution can take credit for that . So WHO helped us ? , we must of had some help and maybe a little back engineering . Now look at the tech we have today , tomorrow i`m going to watch a game from Brighton sent by signal to the USA and all the way back to me in the West country , impresses the heck out of me , but we didn`t achieve that on our own in a little over a hundred years .

what a daft argument. there is not a scientific breakthrough or invention of the 20th century that isnt explained or make sense from some simple research. the people involved, their stories and steps to the breakthrough are known and usually involve many people contributing. the fact you think BT sport TV goes via US show a lack of knowledge, doesnt mean aliens gave us the internet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i think the strongest argument i ever heard was , man first flew in 1903 , a mere 66 years later we are on the moon ! . Yet virtually nothing in the previous 2000 years . I don`t think the industrial revolution can take credit for that . So WHO helped us ? , we must of had some help and maybe a little back engineering . Now look at the tech we have today , tomorrow i`m going to watch a game from Brighton sent by signal to the USA and all the way back to me in the West country , impresses the heck out of me , but we didn`t achieve that on our own in a little over a hundred years .

Yes, we did.
I fully accept the possibility that other beings from other worlds have been here, but I hate the idea that humans are not ingenious enough to have done everything that we have done. Artifacts and evidence of advanced civilisation older than History can make sense of, is evidence of gaps in historical knowledge for me, or of previous human civilisations destroyed.
Advances in technology often come in spurts, the Space race was born out of the end of the second world war and the technology that was developed to wage it, followed by the ideological battle of communism v capitalism and the competition for military supremacy.

If your theory of large advances in relatively short time frames being due to Alien assistance is correct, the Aliens were probably pro Nazi, as WW2 and the build up to it saw some huge technological advances in Germany.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I`ve read a bit about Clapham Wood , that is one scary place . A bunch of us walked across the Downs to Chanctonbury Ring one day , very similar type of place very similar history as well . Absolutely silent inside , no birdsong or other animal sounds , couldn`t hear any traffic from the nearby road either , take one step outside and you can hear it all , freaked us all out .

Yeah, I went through Clapham wood with a friend, without knowing it’s history. It wasn’t pleasant.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
what a daft argument. there is not a scientific breakthrough or invention of the 20th century that isnt explained or make sense from some simple research. the people involved, their stories and steps to the breakthrough are known and usually involve many people contributing. the fact you think BT sport TV goes via US show a lack of knowledge, doesnt mean aliens gave us the internet.

If he is watching on a dodgy stream, it might go via the US, and many other places on the trip from the Amex to Tug's VPN'ed laptop.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I’m gonna stick my neck on the chopping block and go along with Swansman and Pint of Ale and a Burger.
I’m an extremely cynical person, but there are certain things about our past including civilisations, and genetic predecessors that just have too many questions. Yes maybe they are yet to be discovered and I’m prepared to accept the findings.
It seems more logical to me that aliens from other plants exist rather than God.
God/ Religion to me is an explanation or excuse why we exist, that solves and squares away the unexplainable, it makes sense to those that aren’t prepared to think beyond their own isolated mundane mind.
I would rather believe in possibilities, than restrictions of religion and ignorance.

Oh no what have I said

Yes I'm thinking more and more now that what we perceive as religious texts are infact messages of scientific knowledge passed onto us verbally and then written from survivors of the last cataclysm on earth.
Certainly the world's top scientists have been influenced by the Vedic texts and even today they are still trying too unlock its secrets to understand the cosmos.
The Mahabharata especially if read 30 years ago seemed like a bizzare fantasy to Western minds but now science has advanced to the level it has,when read today the Mahabharata makes sense,we can relate to what is being spoken of.
Regarding modern religions ,I think Buddha new all the secrets of the cosmos but was careful not to tell everything,only telling that which help human suffering.
Jesus was the same as Buddha but his words have been hijacked by Constantine to create a form of mass control and the message has been watered down and misunderstood.
Pre Christian religions all have simalar pantheons and story's.
The Norse,Greek, early Roman,Egyptian, Sumerian and even Mayan all have very simalar gods and stories as the gods in the Vedic texts who are now still worshipped in the Hindu religion.
There are too many simarlarities to ignore and I believe the gods were actually extraterrestrials who ruled the civilisation on earth before the last cataclysm which I believe was a war between rival extraterrestrials.a few of us survived and now here we are,on the cusp of being able to understand the knowledge left for us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

While I believe the quite common theory about reverse engineering of found/captured spaceships is possible I find it difficult to believe that someone would have helped us. Most of the technological development in the last 100 years were made during/post WW2. I imagine that intelligent life out there possibly studying humans at that point would have thought "do not let these feckers into space" rather than "lets give them tools to be savage in space as well". But of course its impossible to know, I can only think as a human - not as a spider, a dog or some species from another galaxy.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
There's also the c), d), e) and so on options available to some of us.

Where does completely buying the idea of aliens in general, but finding it unlikely they'd fly to Earth and then float around being all enigmatic, sit on the list of options? I'm hoping for one of the more exciting letters, like x or z.

Personally (and I realise this isn't really the point of the thread), I find the idea that we may one day pick up a faint signal from a civilisation impossibly distant across the reaches of time and space for more interesting and romantic than the idea of an emissary of said civilisation landing in my back garden. And not only because I don't have a garden.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I don't know if this is the right thread for it but lately I've been more and more convinced we are living in a simulation of some kind.

Simply put, as VR develops it's conceivable that in the future the experience will be somewhat like the Matrix - indistinguishable from reality.

If that's the case, who's to say it hasn't already been done? Are we in a simulation, in a simulation, in a simulation?

If true, does matter?

Elon Musk explains it better, and quickly, in this video (timestamp 4:16).

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where does completely buying the idea of aliens in general, but finding it unlikely they'd fly to Earth and then float around being all enigmatic, sit on the list of options? I'm hoping for one of the more exciting letters, like x or z.

Personally (and I realise this isn't really the point of the thread), I find the idea that we may one day pick up a faint signal from a civilisation impossibly distant across the reaches of time and space for more interesting and romantic than the idea that an emissary of said civilisation landing in my back garden. And not only because I don't have a garden.

I dont know, its not a list. Just saying that there are more options than the two you mentioned.

Personally I find it likely that we have interacted directly or indirectly with species from other planets/galaxies for a long while, its even quite possible that we actually partly originate from somewhere else than this planet as we are not exactly living in harmony with it, and contrary to common belief never did.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The craziest part of all this is that we are ( as said above ) gullible . Thousands of people witnessed the Phoenix lights , they new what flares looked like as they had seen them many times before , yet when told by the USAF they were flares most doubted what they had seen . The same in 1942 Los Angeles , 1400 rounds of anti aircraft fire was used to bring down a saucer shaped object and Thousands of witnesses were told it was a balloon , and the yanks missed it ! but again the majority of people sucked it up . I think it was Stanton T Freidman who said of famous debunker Philip Klass , if an alien ship landed in his yard and gave him a thorough probing he still wouldn`t believe it . Gullible .....but not for the reasons most think .

Yes it's very true.
Was the phoenix lights sighting was crazy.
I think the mayor who went on TV to give"the official"story to the press, later admitted he had seen it too and knew the flare story was nonsense.
But he did his job,he made the witnesses doubt what they saw and stopped the news story in its tracks before the world's media were all over it.
Not that they would pursue it anyway but they just needed a statement to not pursue it.
"Oh ok,the mayor said it was flares,no story here"

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I dont know, its not a list. Just saying that there are more options than the two you mentioned.

Personally I find it likely that we have interacted directly or indirectly with species from other planets/galaxies for a long while, its even quite possible that we actually partly originate from somewhere else than this planet as we are not exactly living in harmony with it, and contrary to common belief never did.

You'd be amazed at how happy you'd have made me if you'd just said it was option x.

To be fair, all animals shape their environment to meet their needs, it's just a matter of scale and awareness. I can't imagine a world that humans could emerge from that we would fit into perfectly.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
As a kid, I was very much 'into' all these kind of things, especially the UFO/Alien phenomenon, and read countless books about them. It was all thrilling stuff and some of it seemed so credible, at the time.
As time went on, I began to realise that there was so little real, tangible evidence to support nearly all of these ideas, which actually made me quite sad, as I was convinced it was out there.....somewhere.
Decades on and I find myself accepting that despite all the advances we've made, with cameras, telescopes, technology in general, there still remains no real evidence. I do look back on the times fondly, as I'm sure my interest in it kept me out of a lot of mischief that I would have undoubtedly got myself into.
All that said, I still truly believe there is other life 'out there' - it would be churlish to think otherwise - but I genuinely don't believe any of it has ever visited here before, and probably never will.

You were convinced because as humans we know it's true.
We have an instinctive natural relationship with the cosmos but it's hammered out of us.
An enlightened population is not a useful one to governments.
Its interesting the words of Hermes thrice great of ancient Egypt who said"why do humans choose to dig around in the dirt when they could live like god's?".
The truth is governments dont want us to live like god's,they want us to stay digging in the dirt.
Jesus tried to tell us too and they crucified the bloke.
A horrific thought for the Roman empire that any human has the power to experience the cosmos!!!
That's just for emperor's,no work will get done.
The evidence is there,they just won't show us.
But like Jesus said"seek and ye shall find"

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
There are many papers online suggesting there's a link between those with a lesser understanding of probability and those more likely to believe in the paranormal.
I remember this example being given on the telly a few years back: If you roll two dice and you think you're less likely to roll 2 sixes rather than say, a 4 and a 2, or a 1 and a 5 then you're more likely to believe in ghosts.

https://e-space.mmu.ac.uk/619951/1/Kens%20PhD%20Post%20VIVA%20(26.01.18%20FINAL).pdf

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

My argument is daft , but you believe what they tell you without question . Any research you do will tell you precisely what they are prepared to allow you to know , sometimes it pays to read between the lines . They are hardly going to write in a book about assistance given to us by aliens , or retrieved from crashed craft are they . Oh wait they are Philip J Korso - The day after Roswell .

Of course i don`t think BT sport TV goes via US . BT broadcast it , it is picked up by channels all over the world including the US , my stream is usually NBC . Hence our game originates here and my stream comes from the US , OK !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here