Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unresolved mysteries

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes I agree,but at the same time no theory should be dismissed until it has been proved wrong, especially buy the science community.
If not the modern scientists run the risk of being no different to the church that Copernicus fought against.
The only way we will find the theory of everything is if science works together.

Jesus wept. That’s not how research works. No theory should be accepted until it's proved correct.

I could theorise there are planets made of cheese out there. I mean it would be arrogant to believe that with billions of planets out there, one isn’t made of cheese. You can’t categorically disprove my assertion but reason tells us it’s nonsense so no scientist worth their salt is going to waste time disproving it and nor could they. Therefore, by your logic, we cannot dismiss the idea that some planets are made of cheese because nobody has proved that there aren't.
It's the logic of a dolt.

There’s no real debate to be had with someone who wants to believe in this stuff and will use any half baked argument to avoid actually addressing the facts.

I posted the results of the 2020 Oxford paper which explains why these theories don’t hold water. I doubt the space cadets on this thread have read it, or if they have they have either not understood it or chosen to ignore it.

It's an interesting enough ramble for wreck-heads to have in a squat at 1am but for most people there can’t be a debate with close minds such as yours.

Peace. Out.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I posted the results of the 2020 Oxford paper which explains why these theories don’t hold water. I doubt the space cadets on this thread have read it, or if they have they have either not understood it or chosen to ignore it.

Firstly I don’t want to step in with your disagreement with another poster, but I agree with you that evidence is all
that matters in science.

That said I saw this comment above. Not sure if it was half aimed at me. But this is just one paper, and is not actually related to anything I have discussed here.

I was discussing life in the universe. And wholly disputing your erroneous claim that the mathematical odds are in favour of there being no other life. As I posted it is actually the opposite (overwhelmingly so) and that is a fairly mainstream view now. I don’t want to repeat my point all again but if anyone is interested they can read my earlier post.

The study you linked is an interesting read, which I appreciated. But I think you missed the main thrust, it is actually regards “intelligent life in the universe”. A wholly different argument to life in the universe.

And I’m sure I don’t need to remind you but it is entirely theoretical so is therefore not evidence of anything and hardly case closed.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Jesus wept. That’s not how research works. No theory should be accepted until it's proved correct.

I could theorise there are planets made of cheese out there. I mean it would be arrogant to believe that with billions of planets out there, one isn’t made of cheese. You can’t categorically disprove my assertion but reason tells us it’s nonsense.

There’s no real debate to be had with someone who wants to believe in this stuff and will use any half baked argument to avoid actually addressing the facts.

Like I say, there can’t be a debate with close minds such as yours.

Peace. Out.

Ah yes,apologies I think we have crossed wires here.
As I said I agree with you that not all peoples visions would be correct.
I should have added that when I say all theories should be looked at its if there is a possibility of it being correct,so mathmataticly possible or an inkling of evidence from other sources etc.
Also apololgies I have not had a chance to read your other material you have posted I have been trying to answer all the notifications and my phone keeps crashing on this site and I have to come out of the site and back in(this message has taken me 10 minutes to write lol)
I will have a look at your material and other people's next time I'm here.
Bye for now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well, that was a waste of my 2hour lockdown life!
The beginning shows loads of video tapes that they have but we see none. All the way through we hear that they can't tell us about what goes on. It is all hearsay.
All we see is some cows cut up.

Depends on how you view it I suppose but I’d say there is no such thing as a wasted 2 hours in lockdown when someone gives you the means to kill some time...

I’m sceptical about some of their wider claims but the links to native Indian lore, the mutilations, the four steeds being moved into the trailer with no visible means of ingress or egress plus the magnetisation of all metal around that incident certainly points to something unexplained wouldn’t you agree?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Depends on how you view it I suppose but I’d say there is no such thing as a wasted 2 hours in lockdown when someone gives you the means to kill some time...

I’m sceptical about some of their wider claims but the links to native Indian lore, the mutilations, the four steeds being moved into the trailer with no visible means of ingress or egress plus the magnetisation of all metal around that incident certainly points to something unexplained wouldn’t you agree?
Yes, that was all strange but even though they had a stash of VHS tapes, all we heard was hearsay. And even though Bigalow gave a million dollars and then bought the range, with cctv everywhere, still no evidence.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yes, that was all strange but even though they had a stash of VHS tapes, all we heard was hearsay. And even though Bigalow gave a million dollars and then bought the range, with cctv everywhere, still no evidence.

My assumption is, whilst erring on the side of healthy scepticism, but also wanting to be convinced through empirical data, that as the ranch was sold by Bigelow the new owner purchased everything including all the research and evidence and hasn’t consented to release?

Bigelow received US gov funding of $22m for his research under AATIP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Aerospace_Threat_Identification_Program?wprov=sfti1 so there’s that element probably blocking full disclosure but I completely get why you/others would be incredibly suspicious of non release of info.

Well there's ONE less unresolved mystery in the world this morning :lol:

'Scientists solve the mystery of why wombats have cube-shaped poo'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-mystery-of-why-wombats-have-cube-shaped-poo

Brings this recent item on FB to mind

https://www.shortlist.com/news/scientists-have-created-a-list-of-which-animals-fart-and-which-do-not-fart?fbclid=IwAR3sStDuOUnXZjc0KpL77VqJGyEwLFWMsWeTs8fp2nrKdDYT2tqomTx2MrM

Forget seeking a cure for Covid, think of the bigger picture :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here