Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Leeds pitch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I assumed they made the pitch bad deliberately to try and stop out fluent passing game and suit them better...?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I assumed they made the pitch bad deliberately to try and stop out fluent passing game and suit them better...?

I still think Newport pretended to try and fix their pitch with stories of the heroics of the groundsman... I’m not so sure. If I was them I’d make it as bobbly and cr&p as possible.
My little conspiracy theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I like the way Tottenham have a pitch lying around ready for sale unless of course they now had a muddy patch at their training centre!!!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I like the way Tottenham have a pitch lying around ready for sale unless of course they now had a muddy patch at their training centre!!!

From the sound of the article Spurs groundsmen had been growing it for Spurs to use but have decided to cash in on it so it very much does sound like a large muddy patch in the corner of their training ground!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was being prepped for NFL games apparently, but no longer required due to lack of NFL London games any time soon

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
3811db51-ed90-4361-bab7-6e236a8992ab.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still think Newport pretended to try and fix their pitch with stories of the heroics of the groundsman... I’m not so sure. If I was them I’d make it as bobbly and cr&p as possible.
My little conspiracy theory.

I still think we managed the Newport game really well on that hideous excuse of a pitch and dominated a game a number of prem clubs wouldn’t have...!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not lawn expert, but without a shed load of grow lamps and fairy dust I don't see how the grass will take at this time of year on Yorkshire, its permanently clod dark and wet. you'd struggle to grow mushrooms.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I'm not lawn expert, but without a shed load of grow lamps and fairy dust I don't see how the grass will take at this time of year on Yorkshire, its permanently clod dark and wet. you'd struggle to grow mushrooms.

I don`t think you would have any trouble whatsoever growing mushrooms at Elland Rd , not with the amount of BS they have .
:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2021-01-16T165918Z_1052090699_UP1EH1G1B6UFR_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-LEE-BRH-REPORT-746x372.jpg

Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I wish EA did an 81 version of fifa with cabbage patch pitches, back passes and waist high tackles.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’d have thought they’d have soaked it more, what with their special manager. They must all be able to walk on water.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
[MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION] must've dug deep enough for the roots to take

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here