Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Club marketting

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the communications/ marketing team for the albion using the Brighton and Hove Albion FC name on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram?

I cannot believe how these have become so unusable, by South African trolls who know nothing about our club, but everytime there is an announcement, like the one about the U17s beating Palace, our managers press conferences, etc...the comments are full of complete shite written by these people.

One tosser said...” why are we talking about Crystal Palace...where was Percy tau”? “ Has he woken up yet...send him our love”

I have deleted all the official threads apart from my email notifications

Seemly someone said that the teams he played for in Belgium had exactly the same issues with their sites becoming unusable.

Yes originally it was humorous when he was out in Belgium and they forgot about us, or at least didn’t hit us with homophobic crap and other Shite for a while, but now ......

Let’s just hope they don’t find this place!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is an example after GP press conference today 9C00C032-EEF8-4A42-9411-D6AF94EEC1F2.png

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the communications/ marketing team for the albion using the Brighton and Hove Albion FC name on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram?

I cannot believe how these have become so unusable, by South African trolls who know nothing about our club, but everytime there is an announcement, like the one about the U17s beating Palace, our managers press conferences, etc...the comments are full of complete shite written by these people.

One tosser said...” why are we talking about Crystal Palace...where was Percy tau”? “ Has he woken up yet...send him our love”

I have deleted all the official threads apart from my email notifications

Seemly someone said that the teams he played for in Belgium had exactly the same issues with their sites becoming unusable.

Yes originally it was humorous when he was out in Belgium and they forgot about us, or at least didn’t hit us with homophobic crap and other Shite for a while, but now ......

Let’s just hope they don’t find this place!

Don't read the comments?

They aren't worth reading anyway just mongs saying things like "Announce <INSERT SOMETHING HERE>"

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
All the Ali J stuff isn’t much better. You’re right though, any chance of proper comment or debate is impossible amid the torrent of Tau/Ali J messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's made his/her job easier. Social media is more about engagement than content and they're certainly not low on engagement

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Generally speaking Twitter is a cesspool.

For club communication best to look at the official tweets, check out links, videos and ignore the comments.

Football wise, Twitter is really good with the analytics stuff in recent times. Very good content and discussion there, and of course the foreign football journalists are usually quite a good source of info for signings and player rumours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Won't all that extra traffic - even though it's crap - somehow increase the advertising revenue?

Whether it's worth it is another matter!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They will be judged on engagement and they will have smashed all of their objectives for the year. I bet they are chuffed.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I find it amusing and started the thread on it last week for everybody to post their favourite Percy Tau comment.

I'm sure the club are well happy with it too....it must be doing wonders for their exposure and advertising potential.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Won't all that extra traffic - even though it's crap - somehow increase the advertising revenue?

Whether it's worth it is another matter!

I certainly suspect that's the case. Any additional revenue stream is welcome. They can see more Tau in the future but right now Tau and Ali are great sources of additional income.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I couldn't care less when I get a message from the club in any format I check if its something I want to read and then I read the article, I rarely even notice the comment.
Same with adverts I don't take any notice of them simple scroll through, I must be a marketing persons nightmare.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't read the comments?

This.

I couldn't care less when I get a message from the club in any format I check if its something I want to read and then I read the article, I rarely even notice the comment.

and this.

I'm not sure why anyone would even consider reading the comments to an Albion tweet (and I don't think I've ever looked at the club's instagram page, and certainly not their Facebook page).

Each day I check the website to see if there is anything of interest; I follow them on twitter so their tweets are in my feed - but if I want to see what other people think about Albion-related topics I'll come on here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All the Ali J stuff isn’t much better. You’re right though, any chance of proper comment or debate is impossible amid the torrent of Tau/Ali J messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah remember all those great, thoughtful, intelligent Twitter debates back in Never happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here