Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Would you time travel to the past or to the future?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wouldn't mind travelling back to experience the all togetherness of the WW2 era, where all chipped in to help each other.
None of todays 'sod you jack' and haul the ladder up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Depends on whether we're allowed to come back or not. If we can then I'd go 100 years into the future to see how things pan out on stuff unfolding now, plus bring back some almanacs of stuff to bet on in the next few years. If not then I'd go back to the mid-1990s.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think around 1964-1969 - particularly Los Angeles - would be a fascinating time to see.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've always thought that if I could time travel I'd go back in time, assuming I was purely an observer and couldn't change anything. Wouldn't want to mess anything up.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Stunning isn't it, you offer up a time machine, The Peasants Revolt, The Gunpowder Plot, the Romans in Britain, the Stone Age etc. and people choose the 60s/70s/80s/90s
:ffsparr::lolol::lolol::shootself

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldn't mind travelling back to experience the all togetherness of the WW2 era, where all chipped in to help each other.

Hang on is this the same togetherness that gave us, Hitler, Oswald Mosley, Stalin, Tōjō Hideki, Mao Zedong, Mussolini.....
War, the Blitz, famine, evacuations of children, gangs taking advantage of the power outages and rations not to mention death camps.....

Nah....

I will skip that one thanks all the same.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

I don't think it was as romantic and jolly as leave voters would have you think...

It was probably mostly hell.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Mid 1930's to travel behind a "King" hauled "Cornish Riviera" from Paddington to Penzance, First Class window seat LHS to see the view by the sea at Dawlish. Rest of fortnight travelling Cornwall and Devon branch lines and staying in good hotels. May even "spot" the loco in my profile and of course take lots of photos on a cunningly disguised digital camera.

Some of you will understand :)

Lovely image , damn that Beeching chap .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hang on is this the same togetherness that gave us, Hitler, Oswald Mosley, Stalin, Tōjō Hideki, Mao Zedong, Mussolini.....
War, the Blitz, famine, evacuations of children, gangs taking advantage of the power outages and rations not to mention death camps.....

Nah....

I don't think it was as romantic and jolly as leave voters would have you think...

It was probably mostly hell.

Perhaps I should have phrased it without all dictators, black market etc......:(
It was only because of listening to stories from my grandparents of their experiences.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Whats the point with moving forward?

For a very long time there was no "past" or "future" for anyone, just "now". After that, for a while, the majority thought "the future is going to be ****ing shit or at best just like now", as mirrored in the big religions. The idea that the future is good, growth is eternal and whatnot is a new concept starting off 500 years ago or so with the scientific revolution and the new - and according to me equally flawed - belief that humans are gods and capable of shaping our own destiny and doing the wise thing to keep us healthy, happy and sustainable. Whether "the future is bad" or "the future is good" is true is up for debate, the natural state of our species is however to be in the present.

I don't know about you but I don't want to be living in lockdown in a cold basement flat for much longer. The "now" sucks. F**k the "now".

The future might be better and I'm hanging on to that thought like a fat man clings on to the last sausage roll at a buffet.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Back to 1930’s Germany . I would have a modern small machine gun with me in a bag and I would take out Hitler and his senior henchmen .

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Nah....

Yes quite, unless one could be able to observe safely, I would not like to be stuck having to survive in that world. Not one bit.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I would go back to 1955. I would make sure that my Mum and Dad go to the “Enchantment Under the Sea” dance which would ensure the get married and have kids, thus safeguarding the existence of me, my brother and my sister.

Then I would travel to 2015 and purchase ‘Grays Sports Almanac’ with the intention of using time travel for financial gain. If my plan backfires when I return to the present and the timeline has been altered by the Sports Almanac falling into the hands of Biff Tannen in then past, then I will go back to 1955 to prevent the Sports Almanac from falling into his possession. If while doing this, Swansman is accidentally sent back to 1885 I will travel back to rescue him from the Old West.

Somewhere along the line I would try to get off with Elizabeth Shue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here