Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 1 minutes to go

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Best you tell the statisticians and geeks on twitter they are all wrong..

They are.

Here we go.

It’s a mishmash of figures. The first minute of the day starts at 0, the first hour starts at 0, the first day of the month starts at 1, the year starts at 0, the century counting started at 1 and not 0

So the minute has gone, the hour has gone but you’re in the day, in the month, in the 22 year in the 21st century

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All of you are 2020 today!

Your age plus your year of birth will equal 2020 TODAY

This won’t happen again for 1000 years

The whole world is the same age

I’m not great at maths so this could well be bollocks but I’m impressed.

P1ss off - that one had me thinking last time around - won't fall for it again!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are.

Here we go.

It’s a mishmash of figures. The first minute of the day starts at 0, the first hour starts at 0, the first day of the month starts at 1, the year starts at 0, the century counting started at 1 and not 0

So the minute has gone, the hour has gone but you’re in the day, in the month, in the 22 year in the 21st century

Unlike 9/11 or 7/7, hopefully this one is (was?) too complicated for some random bunch of demented terrorists to hone in on.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't worry it gets better.

Every once in a while, there comes a date that proves to be a bit more legendary than other numbers on a calendar. January 21, 2021 is one of those days.

And at 21 minutes past 9 tonight, life will throw one of the many rarities that make a lifetime worthwhile.

At the said time, the clock and the calendar will read 21:21 | 21-1-2021 -- and it will mean the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.

A once-in-a-lifetime moment! Isn't it?

A similar moment will come next on 22:22 | 22-1-2122 -- the 22nd minute of the 22nd hour of the 22nd day of the 22nd year of the 22nd century, some 101 years later.

Second order example, I’m afraid. 22:22 on 22-2-2222 is the real deal. Can’t wait to see the fireworks.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
They are.

Here we go.

:tosser: Even sky news must be wrong you really are the best :tosser:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Second order example, I’m afraid. 22:22 on 22-2-2222 is the real deal. Can’t wait to see the fireworks.

The military, when signing off some paperwork, will use that time stamp as 22220222 22:22, thats if there are any trees left :lol:
Yesterday was fun at 20210121 :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you realise that that Jan 12 this year was Soundcheck Day?

Disprove that one you piss taking sods :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:tosser: Even sky news must be wrong you really are the best :tosser:

Nice I pointing out it's wrong for the reasons I've given. The fact a bunch of figures line up doesn't mean what you posted is correct.

I was born 10 April 1968 that made me 52 on that day but I'm not that now am I? I'm IN my 53rd year of my life. The time and date your post states uses data saying it was some point of time within a larger period and it's mixing past with present. If you are unable to understand that you're the tosser.

21:21 | 21-1-2021 is right

and it will mean the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century. Is Wrong.

It will mean the 21st minute of the 22nd hour of the 21st day of the 22nd Year of the 21st century is correct.

Really is that simple or you are.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Nice I pointing out it's wrong for the reasons I've given. The fact a bunch of figures line up doesn't mean what you posted is correct.

I was born 10 April 1968 that made me 52 on that day but I'm not that now am I? I'm IN my 53rd year of my life. The time and date your post states uses data saying it was some point of time within a larger period and it's mixing past with present. If you are unable to understand that you're the tosser.

21:21 | 21-1-2021 is right

and it will mean the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century. Is Wrong.

It will mean the 21st minute of the 22nd hour of the 21st day of the 22nd Year of the 21st century is correct.

Really is that simple or you are.

IN fact NASA also posted about it yesterday along with several sources on Twitter ( and other places ) its easy to search,
Now it either means they are all wrong and you are correct and therefore it must mean that you are way more intelligent than a lot of the worlds statisticians and you have a brain the size of a planet .......OR? are just an argumentative :tosser:

I know where my vote goes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I remember a teacher writing 7/7/77 on the chalkboard.

I am old.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The last day of last century before we went from BC to AD was 31st December 1BC. The first day of the first year of the first century started on 1st January 1 AD. There was no 0AD. Therefore, the 21st century started on 1st January 2001. That's all you need to know.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
IN fact NASA also posted about it yesterday along with several sources on Twitter ( and other places ) its easy to search,
Now it either means they are all wrong and you are correct and therefore it must mean that you are way more intelligent than a lot of the worlds statisticians and you have a brain the size of a planet .......OR? are just an argumentative :tosser:

Are we in the the 22nd year of the century yes or no? Simple ****ing question for you. To help you the first year was a big ****ing zero now use your fingers thumbs toes and then someone else's fingers and add the years to 21 this equals ****ing 22. That my dear makes it the ****ing 22nd year of the century. Very simple maths.

One moment you want to use the past which is 21 yet you're in the present the 22 minute/hours, it's gone yet you want to use 21st century yet that started 2000.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The last day of last century before we went from BC to AD was 31st December 1BC. The first day of the first year of the first century started on 1st January 1 AD. There was no 0AD. Therefore, the 21st century started on 1st January 2001. That's all you need to know.

You're correct in saying that and therefore we all celebrated the new millennium a year early. :mad:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So I bothered, though I know the correct answer, to look at length on twitter, and really I can't be arsed basically because there's too many to post but the amount of posts in agreement with me outweighs attention seeking crap you post. YOU ARE WRONG

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
You're correct in saying that and therefore we all celebrated the new millennium a year early. :mad:

I did try to tell people at the time, but most people didn't listen. Prince has a lot to answer for, if you ask me. However, if the first year of the century was 2001, as it was, then this is the 21st year of the 21st century.

Shall I lay it out? In simple terms?
How long is a century? 100 years.

Therefore, 1st Century AD runs from 1AD to 100AD. That is 100 years.
Therefore, the 2nd Century AD runs from 101 AD to 200AD. Etc etc etc.
Therefore, the first millenium, being 1000 years, runs from 1AD to 1000AD inclusive.
Therefore the 21st Century, being the first century of the third millenium AD, beings on 1st January 2001.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here