[Cricket] Sri Lanka v England- 2nd Test Match- Galle 22-26.01.2020

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BBC preview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55746695

As expected, Anderson to replace Broad.

Hopefully another improved response from Sri Lanka this time. A fine Test in the making if so.

One of the Test grounds in the world that I just look at and wish I was there.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have a feeling Sri Lanka will come out fighting for this one. The second innings displays were a little alarming the other day.

Toss will be important, England will want to bat first.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think it will be a much closer contest. Our spinners simply aren't good enough and our seamers will struggle on a flat track.

We look to have quiet a long tail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking forward to this. I’ll probably at last start listening when I wake up for the inevitable piss around 4-5am, no need for an alarm #middleage :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Moeen playing ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same team, except Anderson for Broad.

I find It strange to be honest considering his record in Asia and if he doesn’t play now his first test back will be against India in Mumbai.

Very bizarre given Bess and Leech were erratic to say the least

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very bizarre given Bess and Leech were erratic to say the least

I thought so, you’d have thought this game would be a good time to bring him back in really, to see how he goes. At his best he’s a fat better bowler than Leach and Bess, in sub-continent conditions and he can bat a bit as well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This pitch looks like an absolute road and I’m really, really struggling to see Dom Bess as the next Graham Swann or long term spinner, he’s going to get destroyed in India and at the moment is age seems to get him off with such inconsistent rubbish bowling, same goes for Leach except no age excuse. Both exceptionally average bowlers

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sri Lanka 108/3

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bess is rubbish but to be fair this pitch isn’t a traditional Sri Lanka pitch, not much turn at all yet. Seamers look more dangerous.

Although bowling too fast and bowling a couple of full bungers every over doesn’t help our spinners I guess. Long old day in the field for England looming, good practice for India :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
179/3.
A good recovery by the current Sri Lankan batsmen.
Matthews 81* Chandimal 48*

Is anyone getting an error message on their laptop for SkyGo?
If so, you can overcome it by logging on via the Sky website rather than the SkyGo App.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
193/4

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blimey, sub continent cricket can be very dull can’t it, haven’t been so bored watching test cricket in a long time. This surface is offering absolutely nothing for any bowlers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here