Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] iPhone Help

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The transfer is incredible isn’t it, to think back in the day you used to have to write all your contacts down etc and even the iPhone 3 transferred to 4 I had to remember which apps, these days even your settings are transferred to new phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

... by simply placing the two iphones next to each other.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The transfer is incredible isn’t it, to think back in the day you used to have to write all your contacts down etc and even the iPhone 3 transferred to 4 I had to remember which apps, these days even your settings are transferred to new phone

... by simply placing the two iphones next to each other.

Must say, I was well impressed with that.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Hi,
Why should you sign out of icloud and reset the old phone?

Genuine question, as I recently got by daughter a new iphone. Other than moving the O2 sim across, we’ve simply ignored the old phone since, no actions taken with it.

You sign into your iCloud account and just remove your old phone/device from your list ready to pass on to a new owner

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well I never! The phone sent to me was registered as a part of a fraud / scam on iPhones and even O2 couldn't remove the barring on it! Sent out a new one which arrived today and is working

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Well I never! The phone sent to me was registered as a part of a fraud / scam on iPhones and even O2 couldn't remove the barring on it! Sent out a new one which arrived today and is working

Did you punch your user ID / password into the 1st phone that you received (to try to get it to work)?

If so, it might be sensible to change them, just in case the phone has passed them on to whoever is at the heart of the scam.

However, sending out a new, boxed iphone just to steal someon'e ID seems a very expensive system, to me. Unless of course you were targetted because they know that you are a multi-millionaire, and they have now drained squillions of pounds out of your account while you were distracted by setting up your new phone?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Curious how did the scam work did you request the phone from O2?/ what’s the background to this?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Yep, royal pain in the arse 2 years ago switching from iPhone to android.
This upgrade I went back to the iPhone (pro12) from Samsung and all I had to do was download an app to my android and press a button.
All contacts, emails and photos transferred in minutes.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Curious how did the scam work did you request the phone from O2?/ what’s the background to this?

I've no idea and think I'm more the victim of an admin error attached to the scam, they've sent me the wrong phone, I'm sure that's all it is. I've checked and my fleet of Rolls Royce's are still there as is the portfolio of holiday homes, and a full box of shreddies, so we're OK, we've survived it!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've no idea and think I'm more the victim of an admin error attached to the scam, they've sent me the wrong phone, I'm sure that's all it is. I've checked and my fleet of Rolls Royce's are still there as is the portfolio of holiday homes, and a full box of shreddies, so we're OK, we've survived it!

Mwuuahahahaha - the perfect crime....

EB_stEBXoAE4E-z

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I'm a bit behind on upgrades, just upgraded to an XR from a 6, what a difference, wasn't expecting it to be so different....My old 6 was a fantastic phone, had it 3 years and battery health still 95%...just couldn't download new apps....I hate liking Apple stuff so much....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm a bit behind on upgrades, just upgraded to an XR from a 6, what a difference, wasn't expecting it to be so different....My old 6 was a fantastic phone, had it 3 years and battery health still 95%...just couldn't download new apps....I hate liking Apple stuff so much....

XR was a great phone for me, how you getting on with the lack of home button, took me a little while but now with my 12 I would go back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here