Blackburn Rovers
Stoke City
Blackpool
Preston N.E.
Everton
Bolton Wanderers
Leyton Orient
Walsall
And the oldest i think is Sheffield FC or something like that .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A simple check on Companies House will show that Crystal Palace (2010) Ltd have only been going ten years, so one of the newest!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Who are they ?

exactly.

but if Palace* is anywhere near an oldest club list, Accrington should be too.
(*just remebered they shouldnt be should they, it comes from some wonky new research from the club?)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I don't suppose you can have just one London club, them old northerners wouldn't come down for one away match.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Notts County
Notts Forest
Sheffield Weds
Port Vale
Middlesboro
Stoke
Mansfield
Sheff Utd
Huddersfield
Crewe Alexandra

I think Wrexham are possibly older than some of the above but are obviously not very English

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
exactly.

but if Palace* is anywhere near an oldest club list, Accrington should be too.
(*just remebered they shouldnt be should they, it comes from some wonky new research from the club?)

There was a six year gap between the old club and the re-formed one.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Even the original Accrington Stanley wasn't that old - 1891. They were called Stanley FC at first, but when the league founder members Accrington FC (an entirely different club) went out of business, Stanley FC changed their name to Accrington Stanley FC.

As for whether it's the same club now or not, that could be discussed all day. Simple change of business arrangement doesn't stop you being the same club, unless you want to argue that Nottingham forest have never won the European Cup? They weren't a limited company back then. No-one would argue that incorporating your business means the club has ceased to be.

Burnley, incidentally, aren't all that old. Formed 1881 or 1882, depending whether you believe that a rugby club called Burnley Rovers whose members voted to changed its name, change to a different sport, and move to a different ground, counts as the same club.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
One person has mentioned number 5 I couldn't believe when I saw it , of all the teams I discounted this was definitely one of them .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here