Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion donate £25k for home school laptops

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes, a great initiative from the club.

But why is the club having to buy laptops for kids that the government promised to supply many months ago?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How is it political?

The Government promised laptops for kids, they haven’t delivered.
Private firms and charities are stepping in to fill the gap because of that.

Not political at all.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Moaning about the government and whether it fulfils its policies is political. It’s nonsense to say otherwise.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
There are a lot of potholes in the roads these days.

Political??

If you say, why are there potholes in the road when the government promised they’d fill them? then yes, you’re bringing politics into it.

But anyway, laptops for kids. A very kind gesture. I’d rather charity was done on the quiet rather than with a press release and accompanying video, but that’s by the by.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How is it political?

The Government promised laptops for kids, they haven’t delivered.
Private firms and charities are stepping in to fill the gap because of that.

Not political at all.

I’ll make this easy for you, Club does excellent work to help the community in challenging times, the mention of “Government” appears, it’s now political[emoji106]

Don’t bother replying and ruining a good news thread [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But anyway, laptops for kids. A very kind gesture. I’d rather charity was done on the quiet rather than with a press release and accompanying video, but that’s by the by.

Why? A lot of people have donated to the Albion As One fund - players, fans, directors. It's not unreasonable for people to know where their money has gone.

And before you say 'so it's not the club that is donating', it's a fund run by the club that is donating.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Why? A lot of people have donated to the Albion As One fund - players, fans, directors. It's not unreasonable for people to know where their money has gone.

And before you say 'so it's not the club that is donating', it's a fund run by the club that is donating.

Fair enough.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes, a great initiative from the club.

But why is the club having to buy laptops for kids that the government promised to supply many months ago?

I agree with you.

Lovely gesture from the club. We’re run by such genuine people, can’t fault the gesture.

But it’s not their job.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest, what’s the shortfall? Take Sussex for example, how many children are without laptops who need them?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm going to get political but in no way having a go at my club, who are helping kids that should have been helped 10 months ago.
My Granddaughter is mildly disabled, but is unable to get a place in school (I've been through this else where). They have no internet but recently been offered an added extra data allowance on the mobile plus a 4G router. They were told there are no laptops available.
So I purchased a new laptop last week. Internet gadgets that were promised may be here in a few weeks!!!!
So I then had broadband installed, three week wait for an engineer.
Can someone at the top either get their finger out or sort out the parents sending their kids to school when the can just as easily work from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here