NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks lovely.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I remember standing on the terrace there before they built the stand they knocked down to build this one. If rumours are to be believed, we bought Teddy Maybank from Fulham for £ 238,000 which happened to be how much they owed on the building of the old stand.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Looks excellent and as someone who used to love jogging along the Thames Path when I lived in Barnes it’s great that they’ve restored the path behind the stand on non match days.

They also had their own random challenge from the planning process similar to our bat/vehicle collision ratio [credit [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10] as there were those from the sailing fraternity sited across the river that claimed the stand would alter the local wind patterns and stop them teaching people to sail Lasers on Putney Pond as that part of the river is colloquially known...

NIMBYs will try anything won’t they?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks fantastic. I love going up the Cottage and look forward to another visit. After they've got themselves promoted back to the EPL, obvs :shrug: :wink:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm aware of this and it's so cool.

Love how it (seems at least) beneficial to the general public, which is what community stadiums should be.

Don't they do that by virtue of being stadiums? Especially if they're used for a wider range of events, different sports and male/female teams etc. I appreciate not everyone has an interest in watching sport, but I'd say there are plenty of bigger buildings out there that benefit way less people.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure images of the back of the stand are that relevant. it's the view of the pitch that's important.

If you want to be a purist with a letterbox view from the back of the Anfield Rd Stand or dodging pillars at Goodison or trying to fit 3k away fans into shoe boxes underneath the stand at Old Trafford at half time then carry on. Me, personally I prefer the new.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure images of the back of the stand are that relevant. it's the view of the pitch that's important.

If you want to be a purist with a letterbox view from the back of the Anfield Rd Stand or dodging pillars at Goodison or trying to fit 3k away fans into shoe boxes underneath the stand at Old Trafford at half time then carry on. Me, personally I prefer the new.

Two of those are disappearing. A new 16,000 seat Anfield Road Stand is to be built post lockdown.

052D3354-7FFB-4007-8547-EBB73C83470A.png

Whilst Everton are to build a 53,000 waterfront stadium on a former dock.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Looks really smart.
I wonder if some of those balcony's are for corporate so they have a view of the pitch one side and a view of the river the other?
If thats the case it's pretty cool but even if not they have created a really nice useful side to the stadium in a stylish manner.
Usually these things still look like part of a football stadium but I wouldn't guess there is a stadium behind that frontage if I didn't know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The sauna and pool look especially nice; gotta love modern football. Who fancies joining me for a pre-match dip and steam? I presume I will have to ditch my European sauna ways and wear my Speedos?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two of those are disappearing. A new 16,000 seat Anfield Road Stand is to be built post lockdown.

View attachment 132731

Whilst Everton are to build a 53,000 waterfront stadium on a former dock.

That Everton stadium looks brilliant as well, and in a lovely waterside setting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The sauna and pool look especially nice; gotta love modern football. Who fancies joining me for a pre-match dip and steam?

I could stretch to that, provided man bags can be taken and compared.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
61FA581C-D973-46B9-B063-DF72D8DBA16F.gif

Prawn cocktail sandwiches from Pret, anyone?

That’s a posh yachting club in a marina not a football stadium. Give me The Valley any day over day tripper magnets like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here