Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Long Haul, Chaps.

el punal

Whilst out shopping (essential and nearby!)) l saw my local pub landlord. After exchanging pleasantries I asked him when did he think he’d be reopening. Not until May at the earliest he replied. So, there you have it. :down:

P.S. Unless of course anyone else can dispute this or offer any other words of hope and encouragement in these dark days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There you have what exactly ? The opinion of one pub landlord. :shrug:

What info did he have to back that up ?
Might be correct.....might not (he doesn’t know)
Might be a freeholder or part of a chain adopting it’s own policy
Might be regional variations when the time comes
Might be partial reopening
He might choose not to reopen when he can
Has he heard anything official or is he guessing like the rest of us ?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Whilst out shopping (essential and nearby!)) l saw my local pub landlord. After exchanging pleasantries I asked him when did he think he’d be reopening. Not until May at the earliest he replied. So, there you have it. :down:

P.S. Unless of course anyone else can dispute this or offer any other words of hope and encouragement in these dark days.

You're a ray of blo*dy sunshine aren't you punal boyo :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I dispute this.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It depends on the age profile of his customers, us 65 + ers will be the target for most pubs by the end of Feb or Mar................he says hopefully :drink:

el punal

I refer you to my P.S. of the post. To elaborate further and to try and answer some of your queries (interrogation?). The pub is a managed house owned by Wadworths, has a restaurant, is in Southern England, the landlord/manager owns two French Bulldogs, I drink Guinness and 6X and other guest ales there, they observed all the rules and regulations scrupulously when when we were in Tier 1 and 2. Any questions regarding the brewery’s stance in this pandemic he has passed on to customers. I’m afraid don’t know his star sign. Anything else? Oh, by the way, it wasn’t his opinion he gave it happened to be information that he’d been given by his brewery. As you well know in these troubling times that info. could change in a heartbeat. :shrug:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Easter they will open, whether that's after the bank Holiday though, who knows? Just my opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Here's some words of hope and encouragement: pub landlords are not interdimensional time travellers originating from planet Nibiriu and with direct access to secret government information. He doesnt know any more than you do. If you had replied "no, I hope it will be in March" he would have said "Yes lets hope so, now lets have some tea and watch Coronation Street".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Which bit? If it’s opening again earlier than May I’m all for it. Remember I’m only passing on what I was told.

Pubs will be open well before then.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

May eh! Did he say which year? :mad:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Probably as well informed as many of the "experts" running things :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here