Donald Trump said:
were loose

Nice to have the grown-ups back in charge

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently there are concerns about a waterlogged pitch due to an impending Red Wave, but most forecasters are dismissing it as fake news.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Nice to have the grown-ups back in charge

Is it though? I've quite enjoyed having a massive barmpot in charge over there. He's made us look good.

And the reality is it doesn't really affect any of us over here who is in charge. I don't really understand the fascination over here in American politics. Biden being in charge affects me as much as Trump being in charge and Obama before him and Bush before him etc etc.

I may get a lot less people moaning on my twitter feed about a leader they didn't get to vote on in a country thousands of miles away I suppose.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can’t wait to see the geriatric sniffer in charge, odds on him lasting the term? 50/50

I genuinely think if the republicans had put Kermit the frog forward instead of Trump, they’d have beaten Biden :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it though? I've quite enjoyed having a massive barmpot in charge over there. He's made us look good.

And the reality is it doesn't really affect any of us over here who is in charge. I don't really understand the fascination over here in American politics. Biden being in charge affects me as much as Trump being in charge and Obama before him and Bush before him etc etc.

I may get a lot less people moaning on my twitter feed about a leader they didn't get to vote on in a country thousands of miles away I suppose.

From a purely local perspective I suppose that's true but I regarded / still regard Trump as a global danger and an enabler in the rise of Neo Fascism and the Alt Right.

Not to mention I've just changed jobs to somewhere where the US will be a target market in the next couple of years. Somewhere bristling with gun-toting vigilantes on the verge of civil war and with still a good chance of catching a nasty virus doesn't sound like a perk of travel. In fact it sounds like going somewhere lawless in the Third World. Exciting maybe but not what I'd call massively appealing.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Was great to hear the US Marine Corps band playing "Hit the road Jack" earlier outside the WH turnstiles.
Top "bantz" from the home fans.

* Now theyre playing "God Save the Queen".....random.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder if Trump and Melania put their seats on the ticket exchange.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A little OTT in the current climate.

clean.JPG

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And the reality is it doesn't really affect any of us over here who is in charge.

Hard disagree. The President of the US is someone who exercises influence over almost every aspect of global politics, and certainly in the global west. Even if it doesn't directly impact your life on a day to day basis, it still has a tangible knock-on effect to the way this country (and others) operates, in terms of international organisations (notably the UN & NATO), reactions and consequences of US foreign policy, relations with nations such as Russia and China etc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hard disagree. The President of the US is someone who exercises influence over almost every aspect of global politics, and certainly in the global west. Even if it doesn't directly impact your life on a day to day basis, it still has a tangible knock-on effect to the way this country (and others) operates, in terms of international organisations (notably the UN & NATO), reactions and consequences of US foreign policy, relations with nations such as Russia and China etc.

Is the right answer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You really can't see the massive influence US politics has had on our own political discourse over the past 4 years?

Really?!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Kicking off soon.
Should be a fairly open game because most prefer playing in the centre or on the left which means that they're lacking right wing options now, after their previous right wing back (whinge-bag) was forced to retire through self inflicted injury.
Seems they've got a reasonably robust "no dickheads" policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here