Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: Group B - the group of slaughter.

Who is the hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
With the group of death safely in the books, we can now turn to the five remaining legends and the group of slaughter.

There's no need for a long preamble, you know the drill now. Five combatants, four of which are former champions and the fifth a former finalist. We're looking for pound for pound hardness. Just because a beast is bigger doesn't make it harder. Doesn't necessarily make the smaller one harder either... There are a number of factors to be taken into account, attitude, desire, hardiness, defensive ability and of course how much offensive artillery does it bring? How much damage can it cause?

With that all said, lets not waste anymore time and get straight to the mighty beasts.

JAGUAR

Tournament record: 1 championship

l158_4471575621253.jpg

We kick the group of with the reigning champion(along with Hippo). The Jaguar is a relative new comer to the world of heavyweight WHC players but has rapidly built up a large following. How's he done it? Pure talent and hard work, that's how. This beast can kill on land, in the water and up trees. Basically nowhere is safe from this killing machine with one of the most powerful bites in the business. It's so powerful it can pierce hard shells, crush bones and lends itself to the coup de grace of it's murderous game play - after hunting you down relentlessly across land and water, overpowering you with its athleticism and strength it kills you by biting through the base of your skull, pulverising your brain.

HIPPO

Tournament record: 3 time champion, 1 time runner up

0_SWNS_ESCOBAR_HIPPO_01.jpg

The Hippo is one of the biggest(in every sense) legends of WHC. No beast has won the title more times, no beast has even beaten him since 2017(Jaguar getting the closest with a draw in the 2019 final).

This phenomenal success can be put down to Hippo ticking every single box in the hard man check list. This is a beast who is herbivorous but will fight any and everything. For no reason other than he is a short tempered, argumentative headmental mother ****er!He attacks boats full of humans for fun. He lives in arguably the hardest place on earth, sharing living space with the likes of crocodiles, lions etc but all of these Apex predators do their level best to avoid confrontation with Hippo.

POLAR BEAR

Tournament record: 3 times champion

CTJ9nXMVAAAOK3h.png

This group just keeps delivering big hitter after big hitter. Polar bear won the first two WHC tournaments, promptly retired, came back out of retirement for WHC VI, won that giving it three wins from three tournaments entered before retiring again. He came back a few years later where he has been unable to reclaim his former glory having failed to reach any further finals. Still, what a record and write him off at your peril. Polar bear is the largest extant land carnivore and packs a whole lot of muscle, power and fury under that cute and cuddly exterior. He hunts and kills seals, walruses and frankly, anything it fancies that gets in its way.

BLACK MAMBA

Tournament record: 1 championship

e539a9a1a906c2ceba4dc2bfee5d4b20-1498739501.jpg

Black Mamba despite having arguably the coolest name in the competition is somethin of an underrated competitor. He came form nowhere to win WHC V but since then has barely made a dent in the competition. Will the champions of champions be the platform to re-establish itself?

This beast can grow up to 3m and lives on land and in trees so if your own land you're in trouble. Highly venomous and agile he is also very unpredictable so you can never know when or if he's going to end your life.

WOLVERINE

Tournament record: 1 time runner up

3159afab7adea9bfb341584d44a6787e.jpg

Wolverine is another much under rated competitor with a sole runner up his best finish. It's surprising when you consider he has many attributes that should make him highly popular. The only competitor in the competition to have a superhero named after them the Wolverine is a stocky and incredibly powerful little beast with an unmatched ferocity and ability to kill animals many times its size. He has been known to take on Wolves and bears and is a fearless and aggressive little animal. Strength, aggression, fearlessness and willing to take on apex predators many times bigger than itself? What more do you want?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have a lot of respect for the hippo, anything that starts fights for the sake of it definitely scores points in the headmental category. I love that he's a vegetarian, feels a bit contrarian but hey.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there is footage of a leopard diving into the zambezi and exiting (ie swimming ) back to shore with a 5 ft croc in is gob .....mental things and super powerful but no match for the hippo im afraid....hippo wins hooves down.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
The Hippo was a bit like Man United pre-Ferguson years, it was all down to one individual. I have absolutely no idea where this analogy is going, but nonetheless, how many superheros are named after it? None. There's a reason why.

Wolverine gets this one, Clive.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The Hippo is somewhat like I'd imagine the Grasshopper Mouse would be like if it was scaled to size (minus the cannibalistic trait, and howling at the moon after a kill, but you can't have everything).

So Hippo gets my vote.

Wolverine is just a slightly harder version of the honey badger. Still not in the same league.

Not fussed about the others. Apex predators, or rely on venom.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jaguar for me, wouldn't be seen dead driving any of the others!

That said, I understand the bite strength is such that, unlike most big cats which go for the throat and basically bite you into strangulation, the Jag just chomps down on your skull and crushes that.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The real beauty of this competition is that none of these mother****ers live around here.

There's a few hippos that live in Burgess Hill to be fair.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Hippo? Whilst undeniably a double hard b*****d, I can't help but think of George from "Rainbow" fluffy pink just doesn't look hard....and then there's the way he speaks...come on..Wolverine for me, vicious just for the sake of being vicious!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tough one. They would all kill me with no effort.

Jaguar - I love big cats. Sometimes cant believe we have one (lynx) in Sweden. This is the next level though, I would like to hug and pet one and dont really care what it results in - it would still be worth it... it would also be a lot of credit in it. "Killed while hugging a jaguar".

Hippo - whoever named this shit "river horse" is either blind or... well, probably dead now when I think of it. Thats what happens when you mess with this George Lucasesque freak. I remember that in the 1990s I was told that no animal kills as many humans per year as the hippo. Not sure I believe it but I certainly wouldnt want to be around these monsters, they are not even pretty unlike e.g. jaguars and polar bears.

Polar bear - I've had multiple friends working in Svalbard and the one thing they say is that if you dont respect the polar bear situation over there, you put yourself in great danger. They are not like the passive, hiding brown bears in our forests. Polar bears dont play games or run away, they often just come at you and personally I'd be too lazy to run.

Black Mamba - meh. In the unlikely event I would run into one (do you have them in Brighton?) I still think I would beat it in a fist fight if we outlaw biting and hair pulling.

Wolverine - Ahhh so thats what wolverine is, we call it "järv" over here which is also a word that means "brave" or "fearless". My grandma always used "järv-tricket" when we walked the forests around here. It means putting a small wooden stick in your boot because - or if its just folklore - the wolverine bites until it hears something crack. That is some psychopath shit.

I hold my vote for now, please try to convince me (preferably with a small or significant donation, I could send you my Paypal in PM).

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Tough one. They would all kill me with no effort.

Jaguar - I love big cats. Sometimes cant believe we have one (lynx) in Sweden. This is the next level though, I would like to hug and pet one and dont really care what it results in - it would still be worth it... it would also be a lot of credit in it. "Killed while hugging a jaguar".

Hippo - whoever named this shit "river horse" is either blind or... well, probably dead now when I think of it. Thats what happens when you mess with this George Lucasesque freak. I remember that in the 1990s I was told that no animal kills as many humans per year as the hippo. Not sure I believe it but I certainly wouldnt want to be around these monsters, they are not even pretty unlike e.g. jaguars and polar bears.

Polar bear - I've had multiple friends working in Svalbard and the one thing they say is that if you dont respect the polar bear situation over there, you put yourself in great danger. They are not like the passive, hiding brown bears in our forests. Polar bears dont play games or run away, they often just come at you and personally I'd be too lazy to run.

Black Mamba - meh. In the unlikely event I would run into one (do you have them in Brighton?) I still think I would beat it in a fist fight if we outlaw biting and hair pulling.

Wolverine - Ahhh so thats what wolverine is, we call it "järv" over here which is also a word that means "brave" or "fearless". My grandma always used "järv-tricket" when we walked the forests around here. It means putting a small wooden stick in your boot because - or if its just folklore - the wolverine bites until it hears something crack. That is some psychopath shit.

I hold my vote for now, please try to convince me (preferably with a small or significant donation, I could send you my Paypal in PM).

Hippos kill more humans per year than all the big 5 combined (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, buffalo).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd genuinely like to see a "home and away leg" fight between a hippo and a polar bear. Round one in an African swamp and round two somewhere cold like the North Pole, northern Canada or Swanny's apartment.

For me the bear takes that 2-0 and we'd need a substitute hippo for the away leg. Anyone disagreeing?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Terrain has to come into play here. I reckon I could do a Jaguar in a swimming pool or a Wolverine, halfway up a tree I'm bang in trouble. Hippo same thing in reverse you could push a Hippo out of a tree easy. Gravity is teamsage here, snake or Leopard on the vicious little fukker with the teeth = goodbye coastal genius. On a trampoline I can't see a Hippo being all that or a snake? See we need more info, terrain has to be a factor.

PS Don't fancy it with a Polar bear anywhere tbh so I'll go for that

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm not convinced by the hippo.
Yes it kills a lot of humans but it is just blessed with size and this is a completion of hardness,not kill ratios.
Its just a fat bully that spends all its time in the bath then gets out and attacks things smaller than itself when they get between it and it's bathing water.
Snakes and jaguars are actually quite elusive and will only really fight if threatened albeit fatally.
Its out of wolverine and polar bear and polar just wins it for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here