Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical poll re the Albion manager

Would you swap Potter for Lampard as BHA manager?

• Total voters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yep, Fulham ship 2 or 3 past us and usual service resumes, it’s just a shame we don’t seem capable of putting 2 or 3 past them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We just have to beat Fulham, otherwise it's 10 home games without a win. :tantrum:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My expectation is that, shortly, Lamps will be looking for a new job, but G-Pott won't. You can do the mathematics, I assume.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure some that replied to this thread read this or ‘Hypothetical’ in the thread title. :)

Oh, I don't know....there are many posters on NSC who think that 'hypothetical' means extremely pathetic :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hypothetical or not , i cant stop laughing , thanks for that feel much better !

:thumbsup:

But aren’t you shocked at the result of the poll? I know I am, didn’t see that coming

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Short term? No.. Long term? No... it’s a no then.

GP will go on to bigger and better things. Frank however, will not.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not sure anyone on this thread knows enough to make a comparison. GPs decisions get dissected to death and everyone is an ‘expert’ (in the ‘in’ and ‘out’ crowds). I think it unlikely that anyone on here has done anything like that much analysis about Chelsea. Personally I couldn’t even name more than a couple of their players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure anyone on this thread knows enough to make a comparison. GPs decisions get dissected to death and everyone is an ‘expert’ (in the ‘in’ and ‘out’ crowds). I think it unlikely that anyone on here has done anything like that much analysis about Chelsea. Personally I couldn’t even name more than a couple of their players.

Both of them will be better than anyone we’ve got though :lolol:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
:thumbsup:

But aren’t you shocked at the result of the poll? I know I am, didn’t see that coming

Amazed more like , sometimes it sounds like no one on here wants GP . It goes to show when an alternative is offered , the old adage , " you don`t know what you got until it`s gone "stands true .

Certainly ended up a worthwhile thread :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't want Potter out. I want him to continue reshaping the squad in his image, but get better results while he's doing it because our squad is better than we're seeing on the pitch. I think the same of Chelsea, but they're not my particular concern. Potter did a lot of spending last summer to get the players he wanted in Maupay and Webster, adding to our squad without too may leaving. He went into this season with a few more in and around the squad than he would have wanted to have.

My general point is that building a squad takes time, it isn't something you can easily do in the 3 windows Lampard and Potter have had - we're now in the 4th. Klopp needed more time at Liverpool, for example. I think it's harder to get a really tight knit squad mentality with a bloated squad and players not even getting on a 9 man bench. That festers negativity and prevents your younger players developing/getting a chance on the bench. I think we'd be better off culling a few of the fringe players to reduce the overall numbers in the squad.

Apologies if I have been in a coma or drug-induced state of grace but I had had the impression that this was exactly what you want. :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amazed more like , sometimes it sounds like no one on here wants GP . It goes to show when an alternative is offered , the old adage , " you don`t know what you got until it`s gone "stands true .

Certainly ended up a worthwhile thread :wink:

Exactly, and well done the OP :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here