Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical poll re the Albion manager

Would you swap Potter for Lampard as BHA manager?

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would you swap Fat Frank for Tinkerman Potter? Straight fight, no other options

Bit of fun on a nasty and depressing day :smile:

Like some think Potter is out of his depth at this level I think exactly the same about Lampard

As l think both Harry and Frank are out of their depth, it's a question that l find nigh on impossible to answer.

However as Lampard is out of his depth managing at an established top four club, and Potter at arguably a bottom four one, l suppose l ought to vote . . . yes.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Screenshot_20210120-092530_Chrome.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well, I wasn't expecting to be alone! I think Lampard will go on to have a much better managerial career than Potter will. Would I swap them right now, today? It's irrelevant because it's not going to happen and Bloom wouldn't make such a decision. But if Lampard is available in the summer I absolutely think there's a chance we'd make a change if there isn't a clear and marked improvement between now and the end of the season.

Why would we want a manager who has achieved nothing and with the money he has spent show no improvement to Chelsea

And people say Potter is a tinkerman :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As l think both Harry and Frank are out of their depth, it's a question that l find nigh on impossible to answer.

However as Lampard is out of his depth managing at an established top four club, and Potter at arguably a bottom four one, l suppose l ought to vote . . . yes.

I am only thinking long term here. It seems that Leeds could be interested in GP, if true we are going to need a new manager, and I imagine Frank is not going to have a job for much longer. He has a house in Ferring too :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Frank is on the right track. Lots of young players with potential but I suspect the Chelsea fans and management will not have the class & patience to wait for success that has led to managers like Smith, OGS & Hasenhüttl.

I’m really pleased to see that at our own club, the Potter Out Campaign has really hit the buffers. A victory against against Fulham should see it on it’s knees and a good February will see it all but wiped out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think Frank is on the right track. Lots of young players with potential but I suspect the Chelsea fans and management will not have the class & patience to wait for success that has led to managers like Smith, OGS & Hasenhüttl.

I’m really pleased to see that at our own club, the Potter Out Campaign has really hit the buffers. A victory against against Fulham should see it on it’s knees and a good February will see it all but wiped out.

The four games after Liverpool are vital.....Burnley ( A )...Villa ( H )....Palace ( H )....WBA ( A ).......if we beat Fulham and then go on to take a minimum of 5 points from these games, then some calmness will be restored. I wouldn't say the Potter Out Campaign has hit the buffers yet. There will be huge pressure v Fulham and Potter knows he has to start winning home games to get more fans off his back. A slip up there and this forum will turn ugly again.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you think Leeds are interested in Potter ? Not heard that before

Tongue in cheek. I saw a post on the deluded Leeds thread about how Leeds fans wanted Potter and I know that if they want him he’ll be off :wink:

Nice to see on the poll results that some of the serial outters prefer Potter to Chelsea’s Fat Frank too :lolol:

I am actually quite surprised at the voting tbh

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Why would we want a manager who has achieved nothing and with the money he has spent show no improvement to Chelsea

And people say Potter is a tinkerman :facepalm:

So, to be clear, it's ok for Potter to have won 3 games this season because he's building a team. But Frank Lampard, also attempting to build a team, is excepted to win the league immediately? Interesting double standard.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So, to be clear, it's ok for Potter to have won 3 games this season because he's building a team. But Frank Lampard, also attempting to build a team, is excepted to win the league immediately? Interesting double standard.

You must have been living in a cave pre season

Chelsea spend 200 million. Chelsea also had a half reasonable team before anything was spent

Albion spend max 6 milion

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am only thinking long term here. It seems that Leeds could be interested in GP, if true we are going to need a new manager, and I imagine Frank is not going to have a job for much longer. He has a house in Ferring too :wink:

Surprised l've never seen him in the Bluebird Cafe then! Lovely part of the world to retire to is South Ferring, the man obviously has taste.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You speak as if the Potter Out Campaign, as you call it, has collapsed after just ONE win! it will take a lot more than that for people to change their minds.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tongue in cheek. I saw a post on the deluded Leeds thread about how Leeds fans wanted Potter and I know that if they want him he’ll be off :wink:

Nice to see on the poll results that some of the serial outters prefer Potter to Chelsea’s Fat Frank too :lolol:

I am actually quite surprised at the voting tbh

Got it. I thought it was a NSC scoop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here