Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your bottom 3. Mid Season edition.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can’t stand the bloke, but could see him doing it, he knows all the dark arts to chisel out pens, corners and throw ins. The owners promised him new players this window.

With no credit to him at all, Pereira is class.

It's a big, big window.
Does he still have the contacts? And the skills of persuasion?
Let's see.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sheff U
Fulham
Newcastle

I have this horrible feeling than WBA will bring in decent players in the rest of this window and just about stay up. We've seen their tactics already of trying relentlessly to nick throw ins and corners, to launch set pieces to players obstructing the goalie.

Fatso wouldn't have taken the job without the promise of funds/loanees.

Can’t see West Brom chucking money around. The owner is desperate to sell the club and the clock is ticking to get a sale over the line. It doesn’t look as if a preferred bidder has been identified so it’s a struggle to see it getting over the line and still have time to secure new players before the transfer window shuts. They sold Hegazi for £4m in October which caused the rift between the owner and Billic. They have Zohore and Austin out on loan with championship clubs and are probably paying some of their wages and have so far managed to secure the services of a 33 year old player who rarely started for West Ham. Covid times means clubs have to be extra cautious with expenditure. Can’t see them improving much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a big, big window.
Let's see.

All about money .... wages.

With a loanee that became a buy, in effect CP spent £40m in January 2017 to stay up. An eye watering sum in January for any club aside from Chelsea and both Mancs. Turning relegation certs into a team that stayed up, they bought their way out of.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t see West Brom chucking money around. The owner is desperate to sell the club and the clock is ticking to get a sale over the line. It doesn’t look as if a preferred bidder has been identified so it’s a struggle to see it getting over the line and still have time to secure new players before the transfer window shuts. They sold Hegazi for £4m in October which caused the rift between the owner and Billic. They have Zohore and Austin out on loan with championship clubs and are probably paying some of their wages and have so far managed to secure the services of a 33 year old player who rarely started for West Ham. Covid times means clubs have to be extra cautious with expenditure. Can’t see them improving much.

I hope you’re correct. Both selfishly as a Brighton supporter and I want the FatSam ‘Red Adair’ narrative to follow him to retirement.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's a big, big window.
Let's see.

Not much point in appointing Allardyce if you're not going to give him a signed but otherwise blank chequebook.

They will get decent players in. Short term loans. Not sure it will be enough though

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As much as this thread cries out for putting someone rogue in there, I just think the current bottom three are gone. Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham. Bye bye.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
For quick reference here is the wrong end:

Screenshot 2021-01-19 221526.png

Sheff U need a sudden and radical improvement to their average point per game. No chance.

WBA and Fulham are chasing targeting us and Burnley. The gap is manageable to them. They need a rare pair of victories before they can gun for Newcastle.

The funny thing is, there might be complacency at the top end there so suddenly after 5 or 6 the nerves might start jangling.

If we can beat Fulham and see WBA and Fulham draw, Burnley might be in no mans' land on their own.

I'll settle for Sheff U, Palace and Leeds.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We really need to bring in a striker and loan out zekiri and connolly. If we don’t we are in trouble and will go down to last game.

Maupay is okay.
Welbeck probably injured rest of season
Zekiri is no where near ready
Connolly needs a top 10 champ club loan spell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We really need to bring in a striker and loan out zekiri and connolly. If we don’t we are in trouble and will go down to last game.

Maupay is okay.
Welbeck probably injured rest of season
Zekiri is no where near ready
Connolly needs a top 10 champ club loan spell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeqiri doesnt look up to it yet, Connolly I'd keep here, presses really well, is quick, niggly bugger and gets pens, he is also capable on his day.

But agree another decent striker is must

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fulham
West Brom
Sheff Utd.

Newcastle and Palace could plummet like stones but they both seem to pick up wins when needed so should just scrape to safety.

And it's Fulham v Man Utd tomorrow night which sees off one of Fulham's games in hand.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Anyone from 12th downwards has the chance to be dragged in to the last relegation place. Blades gone. Baggies -28 GD. Right now Newcastle look very shaky. We desperately need to beat Fulham with a good performance because they are playing well too. Still think Palace & Leeds are in the mix. It’s tight.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we beat Fulham, and a big if, then think the bottom three remains the same. If we don't think we are right in the mixer. Newcastle will grind out a few more wins. I would LOVE it is Leeds have been sussed out and implode but think that's just wishful thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here