Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC This Fishing Life Cornwall.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Used to love Trawlermen. Such a dangerous job. so many episodes had "in memory of..." at the end.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ive not watched it but will now I know its on. Thanks.
The problem with wearing a lifejacket is as soon as it gets wet it will inflate so not great when working on deck.

A local fisherman once told me that if you are in chest waders and go overboard and you fill with water no life jacket will help you..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leekbrookgul is going to crabby once he sees this thread is about to descend into a thread full of fish puns.

Eel get over it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I love this show

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I find this show to be a reel ray of sunshine. I'm hooked.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Haven't watched this series as thought it was a re run of series 1 :facepalm: must pay more attention !

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I caught the end of it the other week when switching over from MNF. Found it very interesting especially as they were talking about second homers and what its done to the price of property down there. London prices but no one locally earns London money was the general feeling. Not sure how true that actually is as my ex Mrs is obsessed with Cornwall and had been looking in and around the St Ives area and the house prices weren't earth shattering.

Lovely part of the world that is for sure.

Rick Stein's Cornwall is on at the moment as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have always harboured (excuse the pun) the idea of retiring to Mevagissey, could do this if I wanted to but the Mrs has said I'd be bored. Just love the idea of watching the coming and going in the harbour but I get her point, once I've done that there's a lot of day left.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I caught the end of it the other week when switching over from MNF. Found it very interesting especially as they were talking about second homers and what its done to the price of property down there. London prices but no one locally earns London money was the general feeling. Not sure how true that actually is as my ex Mrs is obsessed with Cornwall and had been looking in and around the St Ives area and the house prices weren't earth shattering.

Lovely part of the world that is for sure.

Rick Stein's Cornwall is on at the moment as well.
It depends where you are looking. My mum lives in Penzance where you can get a two-bed flat for about £100,000 (which is still well out of the reach of many locals) but just down the road in Mousehole, a 2 bed terrace can go for £750,000 +

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here