Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC This Fishing Life Cornwall.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
motorboating.jpg

These are my preferred flotation devices.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have had several fishing holidays down there, marvellous fishing but we always wear a lifejacket. Some very big rollers sometimes and lots of nasty, spiky, seamounts that can catch you out...... however, the fishing is ****ing awesome and there is nothing better to end a day fishing with a few Proper Job's !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh it's back. I loved the 1st season, and was wondering if they were going to carry on and see how the Brexit they fought for would work out for them.

Thank you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Myself and Mrs DFP were watching it last night, we used to have a flat in Newquay and we worked in the The Harbour restaurant which is in every other shot as it’s about 20 yards from where the fisherman unload their boats. The restaurant is run and owned by a family from Brighton.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Myself and Mrs DFP were watching it last night, we used to have a flat in Newquay and we worked in the The Harbour restaurant which is in every other shot as it’s about 20 yards from where the fisherman unload their boats. The restaurant is run and owned by a family from Brighton.

And yet one moaned about St Ives and Padstow seafront restaurants all being run by 'incomers'
Don't get me started on Cornish fishermen, very strange people, the one that had the 'not always rude and sarcastic' tee shirt on had a very good point, they will find anything to moan about and most hate tourists even though they are the main income.
Good series though, yesterday was not the first episode.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet one moaned about St Ives and Padstow seafront restaurants all being run by 'incomers'
Don't get me started on Cornish fishermen, very strange people, the one that had the 'not always rude and sarcastic' tee shirt on had a very good point, they will find anything to moan about and most hate tourists even though they are the main income.
Good series though, yesterday was not the first episode.

Farmers, fisherman and taxi drivers, like to complain.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Farmers, fisherman and taxi drivers, like to complain.

It sounds like I hate them, hate is a strong word, I both like and dislike them in equal measures.
Some are brilliant characters and very funny but too many are stubborn and stuck in their ancient ways.
But a lot of them man the lifeboat and i admire their attitude to hard work and resilience.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It sounds like I hate them, hate is a strong word, I both like and dislike them in equal measures.
Some are brilliant characters and very funny but too many are stubborn and stuck in their ancient ways.
But a lot of them man the lifeboat and i admire their attitude to hard work and resilience.

Your post was fine btw.

I was just expanding on something my Dad always said that farmers moan about their financial lot in life, even millionaire arable farmers in East Anglia. Whinging down to an art. In my experience, quite a few cabbies do too, even pre-Uber "business is awful".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have watched a few episodes, for example one set in Mevagissey. Evoking memories of many childhood holidays in Cornwall.

Excellent series.

Likewise ....I think it was Newlyn last week ..enjoyed the Mevagissey one as it’s where I used to holiday as a kid ...it’s one of the few programs I’ve been able to watch with my Dad as I’ve tried to coax some food into him...got to him later this evening and watched some chap in South Africa eating sheep’s head :moo:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Please stick to the programme. Thanks.

I am, its a good programme but its about Cornish fishermen and as i live down here and been to places like Mevagissey, Padstow and Newlyn I have had experience of meeting some and drinking in Cornish fishermens pubs i can discuss the subject.
BTW I was in a pub in Cadgwith on The Lizard and from nowhere the fishermen started singing, it went on for over an hour, fabulous night and afterwards I never stopped laughing with their stories that were fabulously exagerated, brilliant night out.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Ive not watched it but will now I know its on. Thanks.
The problem with wearing a lifejacket is as soon as it gets wet it will inflate so not great when working on deck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Read that the episode was going to be about how Covid had affected things so was expecting it to be depressing, but it was actually uplifting to see how some of the fishermen and restaurant owners had adapted. Looks like another good series ahead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here