Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Great news.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The bloke in the next bed wants to buy your slippers.???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloody Chinese coming over here with their Masters qualifications and strong work ethic and morals, taking all our jobs....................:)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
"Mrs Wong said she wanted her children to be able to say what they wanted at school, not like in Hong Kong, where they had to be careful. "That's not the life we want them to have," she said."

They might be in for a surprise.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
They have to finance themselves which is good, rather than take someone else's house. I believe we owe it to them having given HK back to China (as we had to).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
<cough> immigration down to the tens of thousands <cough>

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Have they seen this week’s/year’s UK weather forecast? I think I’d opt for an oppressive communist regime encroaching on my civil liberties at every turn over this grey, sodden crap hole, especially if they get relocated to Stoke, Huddersfield or Barnsley.

??? :moo: :amex:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
"fiercely loyal to the crown"

They might want to change that in order to integrate with the majority of the nation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have they seen this week’s/year’s UK weather forecast? I think I’d opt for an oppressive communist regime encroaching on my civil liberties at every turn over this grey, sodden crap hole, especially if they get relocated to Stoke, Huddersfield or Barnsley.

I wouldn't - regular typhoons, and a long summer of horribly oppressive heat, humidity and torrential downpours, all to an accompaniment of near-toxic smog. HK weather is awful :lolol::lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think a drop of English rain will be nothing to them having experienced typhoons in Hong Kong.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Our fish and chip shops will breath a sigh of relief.

These are happy stories. Although I'm sure they'd still rather be in their homeland. Good folk them.

I find the 'fiercely loyal to the Crown' quote from [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] rather amusing. I thought they were fleeing authoritarian ideology.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Yes great news.
I was disappointed we didn't go to their aid when this all started but letting as many as possible in over here is the least we can do.
A welcome tech skills , entrepreneureal and financial boost to this country just at the right time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here