Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana, Welbeck, Connolly, Lamptey injuries?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I hope Karbownik is more of a challenge to BDB, March is kept keen byTrossard

we really could do with a good left footed player

And no I'm not dusting my boots off.

As a centre back? :) Burn has done very well in the few games he's played there recently, I'm sure we'll persevere with that formation.

I'll agree with you in games we start with a back 4 but I don't see that happening often, I can only recall us doing that once this season against Leicester.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Welbeck likely to start training in Feb. Lamptey still some way off according to Andy Naylor.

Jimmy Grimble

Was Lamptey hamstring? That’s a long time be out for a muscle injury.

If so, he must have seriously ****ed it and the club must rightly be being overcautious with it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was Lamptey hamstring? That’s a long time be out for a muscle injury.

If so, he must have seriously ****ed it and the club must rightly be being overcautious with it.

There was a good article in the athletic last week. To summarise: Lamptey is the fastest player in Europe (possibly the world), but this presents injury problems to young players. As a result they’ll be treating Lamptey with extreme care for another couple of years until he’s less susceptible to injury. If not there’s a real risk that it’ll ruin (or severely hinder) his career.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Trariq Lamptey iunjury is the one that most concerns me. When fit he could really mkake a difference for us this season, both defending, and going forward along that right touchline with his rampaging runs.

Both Lallana and Welbeck are well known sicknotes anyway, and as for Connolly, do we really miss him that much?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Trariq Lamptey iunjury is the one that most concerns me. When fit he could really mkake a difference for us this season, both defending, and going forward along that right touchline with his rampaging runs.

Both Lallana and Welbeck are well known sicknotes anyway, and as for Connolly, do we really miss him that much?

Connolly and Lamptey both have that highly strung hamstring twanging gene. A lay off waiting to happen sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here