Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana, Welbeck, Connolly, Lamptey injuries?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
The article in The Athletic is very enlightening and shows up some of our comments about Lamptey and potential hamstring injuries, which I could equally have posted before reading the article, are as accurate as a generalist on our televised matches about our goalscoring etc. Sorry I can't post it, but it fills me with hope that he will be ok.
Lamptey is a very exciting player, fast and fearless in his tackles however being of small statue and light weight it is likely he will suffer regular injuries

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dunno about the others but Andone is now fit and raring to go now Bernardo has been loaned out .

"the fear of being tripped from behind from my own team mates has now been cured and I'm ready to give 100% for Brighton " .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lallana was out against Leeds due to illness, not injury, or at least that is what was on the TV when they showed the not available players and the reasons why.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lallana was out against Leeds due to illness, not injury, or at least that is what was on the TV when they showed the not available players and the reasons why.

Yeh, but is it Illness or "illness"?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would be extremely harsh on Veltman if Lamptey played when fit , he's been fantastic at the back and showed a willingness to get forward when he can , nice headache for Potter .

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Would be extremely harsh on Veltman if Lamptey played when fit , he's been fantastic at the back and showed a willingness to get forward when he can , nice headache for Potter .

I agree - if fit, I am not convinced he will automatically start and also think Veltman has been great with, certainly far fewer , but some promising forays forward. Not convinced that he (GP) will see Fulham as leaving the spaces for Lamptey to use his pace, so suspect he might hold him back?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

he has been great, but Lamptey comes straight back in for me when fit. Just means we don't have to rush Lamptey.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Veltman is a tremendous signing. Excellent footballer and top defender. But Lamptey is the most exciting footballer I've seen a Brighton shirt since my then teenage eyes landed on Peter Ward back in the day. If he's fit he has to play somewhere in our side, just for the fact that the opposition have to double/triple up on him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
'illness' does rather imply covid - Mac earlier, Lallana now, although of course just speculation.

But who is really surprised we find ourselves with both Lallsna and Welbeck injured :lol:

Karbo's recall has to be cover for Lamptey

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Play both

Veltman to drop into the back 3 if fit. His natural position.

White to be play DM .... for now

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
'illness' does rather imply covid - Mac earlier, Lallana now, although of course just speculation.

But who is really surprised we find ourselves with both Lallsna and Welbeck injured :lol:

Karbo is a left back is he not? Which i would assume he was recalled as Bernardo has gone out on loan and we havent had a natural left back all season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Lallana has a well documented struggle with ulcerative colitis so I suspect any illness is to do with that rather than anything else.

Although Karbownik is right footed he's spent most of his career as a left back, the loan out of Bernardo today implies that Karbownik has been recalled in to add some competition for March in the left wing back slot. However Karbownik fits the Potter mantra perfectly in that he is capable of playing in more than one position so he's bound to be an option at right back at some point.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Start with Veltman against Fulham, then bring Lamptey on after 70 mins to run at the as they tire.
Fulham have a hard cup game at home to Burnley on Saturday, be nice if that went to extra time, whilst we can rest a few against Blackpool, this senario will be perfect to bring Lamps on as the sub.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Personally i'd prefer a few injuries and let him play his natural game. He's growing into his body. Injuries at this stage are to be expected.

Assuming the grade of injury for a hamstring is low enough. High grade hamstring injuries have a long term impact and can be detrimental to a player.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Karbo is a left back is he not? Which i would assume he was recalled as Bernardo has gone out on loan and we havent had a natural left back all season.

Lallana has a well documented struggle with ulcerative colitis so I suspect any illness is to do with that rather than anything else.

Although Karbownik is right footed he's spent most of his career as a left back, the loan out of Bernardo today implies that Karbownik has been recalled in to add some competition for March in the left wing back slot. However Karbownik fits the Potter mantra perfectly in that he is capable of playing in more than one position so he's bound to be an option at right back at some point.

I also thought Karbo was a left back but the clubs write up of him suggests he can play either flank equally. I imagine he is being recalled primarily to give us a proper wing back option on the right if Lamptey is out for an extended period, but his arrival also allows us to move Bernardo on. I think if we didn't need the right wing option we would have left him be and just kept Bernardo as back up to March.

Thanks for clarification on Lallana, I didn't know that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope Karbownik is more of a challenge to BDB, March is kept keen byTrossard

we really could do with a good left footed player

And no I'm not dusting my boots off.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Whilst I'd prefer to see Lallana fit it has been great to see more of Mac Allister as the number 10.

We can't rely on Lallana 100% on the pitch but hopefully he is constantly helping the younger players develop both technically and with their mindset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here