Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana, Welbeck, Connolly, Lamptey injuries?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can’t help starting to be concerned over the persistence of Lamptey’s injury . We knew Welbeck and Lallana would miss a lot of games, but this bright lad?

Several said when he started seting fore to the grass sprinting down the wing he's an injury waiting to happen, a sprinters life . . . . sad but seemingly true.

hopefully its not that bad and he'll appear like a jack in the box to tear Spuds a new one!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Several said when he started seting fore to the grass sprinting down the wing he's an injury waiting to happen, a sprinters life . . . . sad but seemingly true.

I was expecting injuries to the lad but more to do with the fact that he was getting kicked a lot with late tackles as he embarrassed Premier League defender after Premier League defender.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

hopefully its not that bad and he'll appear like a jack in the box to tear Spuds a new one!

He is young and exuberant and overstretches a lot. He is also the target for a lot of fairly heavy treatment and hasn't got the physicality of other dynamic players like Traore, Antonio and St Maximumminimum. It was an injury waiting to happen and there will be others.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Reckon it might be mid Feb by the time most are back. Hopefully Tau can do the business and Big Mac carry on so Lallana's absence is less felt. Hopefully Tariq won't be too far behind and no later than Easter.

No later than Easter!!
Is that tongue in cheek or are you being serious? If that is the case, then thats at least another 10 PL games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The Fulham game has been looming large on the horizon for a number of weeks.
Following that are a number of winnable games, which we will need to be at our best for.

Giving three of our strongest players every chance of being available for these game makes a lot of sense.
No real surprise they haven't been available for the recent games. They haven't been missed against Newport/City?Leeds, nor will they be required for Blackpool.
Expect to see at least 2 of the 3 start against Fulham.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
He is young and exuberant and overstretches a lot. He is also the target for a lot of fairly heavy treatment and hasn't got the physicality of other dynamic players like Traore, Antonio and St Maximumminimum. It was an injury waiting to happen and there will be others.
It happens to them all...

Traore: 15/16 season (age 19ish) - 19 games out - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adama-traore/verletzungen/spieler/204103

Antonio: 12/13 season (age 23) - 10 games out - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michail-antonio/verletzungen/spieler/104124

St Maximin: 19/20 and 20/21 seasons (age 21-23): 14 games out in 19/20, another 14 so far in 20/21 - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan-saint-maximin/verletzungen/spieler/272642

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I was expecting injuries to the lad but more to do with the fact that he was getting kicked a lot with late tackles as he embarrassed Premier League defender after Premier League defender.

But it’s a hamstring injury, not an injury from oppo player fouling him,

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As far as Adam Lallana is concerned, l have an ominous feeling that he isn't going to be playing many games for the Albion. I hope l'm proved wrong.

One thing I would say is that at least we're relatively well catered for with CMs in our current squad (Biss, Propper, Alzate, Gross, Molumby, White if needed plus some other youngsters). It's Welbeck and Lamptey who we're really missing IMHO.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A minor aside. THe weather is shocking and the pitches are heavy, cut up and generally poor, which amplifies the possibility of injuries, so being a little cautious now may well pay dividends later.

The fact we've seemingly stopped the rot with what many describe as a B team bodes well.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One thing I would say is that at least we're relatively well catered for with CMs in our current squad (Biss, Propper, Alzate, Gross, Molumby, White if needed plus some other youngsters). It's Welbeck and Lamptey who we're really missing IMHO.

Agree with that.

In particular Lamptey. Nobody else in the squad can do what he does for us. He is the one I'd love to see back in the squad

Wellbeck an important player, but if Neal is back on form, we're covered there.

Alexis has looked so good, i'd half forgotten we have Lallana

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But it’s a hamstring injury, not an injury from oppo player fouling him,

Tariq is a real all action player. I think injuries are to be expected at these stage of the season.

Veltman is OK cover, but blatantly out of position. Karbo could be the cover we need.

It's wide areas generally that we have the biggest liability on a injury.

We'd have big trouble replacing Solly if he gets injured. A huge player for us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good article in the Athletic this morning about the old hamstrings and how we need to coach and manage when to utilise the full stretch / sprint and when not to.

Also a similar article suggests “T Dog” as members of the squad call him is now on 40k a week for his efforts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good article in the Athletic this morning about the old hamstrings and how we need to coach and manage when to utilise the full stretch / sprint and when not to.

Also a similar article suggests “T Dog” as members of the squad call him is now on 40k a week for his efforts

I'm not sure you want to do that

The joy of watching him on a another full tilt sprint makes is incredible. He is the player I wanted to be when I was a boy

He is the player he is because he can sprint faster than opponents

Personally i'd prefer a few injuries and let him play his natural game. He's growing into his body. Injuries at this stage are to be expected.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not sure you want to do that

The joy of watching him on a another full tilt sprint makes is incredible. He is the player I wanted to be when I was a boy

He is the player he is because he can sprint faster than opponents

Personally i'd prefer a few injuries and let him play his natural game. He's growing into his body. Injuries at this stage are to be expected.

Had wondered how realistic this would be to train against something you do naturally.

The only thing I could think would be to some how manage the tracking back if we lose the ball up field with another player holding when he bombs forward with less pressure on him bombing back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Had wondered how realistic this would be to train against something you do naturally.

The only thing I could think would be to some how manage the tracking back if we lose the ball up field with another player holding when he bombs forward with less pressure on him bombing back.

Getting up and down is the life of a wing back.

Accept the injuries as an occupational hazard. He will get stronger in years to come

I don't want to see a joyous young player have excessive pragmatism coached into them

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The article in The Athletic is very enlightening and shows up some of our comments about Lamptey and potential hamstring injuries, which I could equally have posted before reading the article, are as accurate as a generalist on our televised matches about our goalscoring etc. Sorry I can't post it, but it fills me with hope that he will be ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here