Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lallana, Welbeck, Connolly, Lamptey injuries?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It would also be good to get an update on Izquierdo, Andone, Karbownicz.

The time to find out is the pre match press conference.

However, The journalists don't ask these sort of questions and even when they do, GP is normally non committal with answers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It would also be good to get an update on Izquierdo, Andone, Karbownicz.

The time to find out is the pre match press conference.

However, The journalists don't ask these sort of questions and even when they do, GP is normally non committal with answers.

Well Chris Hughton was no more commital than Potter is. It seems to be a general trend in football now that to a large degree, the extent of a player's injury is kept out of the public domain.

As far as Adam Lallana is concerned, l have an ominous feeling that he isn't going to be playing many games for the Albion. I hope l'm proved wrong.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well Chris Hughton was no more commital than Potter is. It seems to be a general trend in football now that to a large degree, the extent of a player's injury is kept out of the public domain.

As far as Adam Lallana is concerned, l have an ominous feeling that he isn't going to be playing many games for the Albion. I hope l'm proved wrong.

To be fair, keeping our injuries quiet makes sense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From Potters press conferences I got the impression that Lallana and Welbeck are the ones closest to comeback... could see them ready for the Fulham game. Connolly should be back before the end of the month... with Lamptey I got the impression that it will be a while.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

Best case as a manager you're exactly right with your prediction of when someone is returning from injury and gives your opponent's a bit of intel, worst case you've got the press nagging you about why it's taking longer, have they got a new injury, why are your medical team wrong etc etc. Might as well keep your mouth shut.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andy Naylor tweeted on Jan 12 (during Potter's pre-Man City press conference):-

1234.jpg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think in last Tuesday's Albion Unlimited podcast that Johnny and Warren said that Adam Lallana was now out with an illness rather than an injury.

Edit: AZ, You beat me to it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Reckon it might be mid Feb by the time most are back. Hopefully Tau can do the business and Big Mac carry on so Lallana's absence is less felt. Hopefully Tariq won't be too far behind and no later than Easter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have never had a problem with it.

It's just another example of TinPott's cluelessness. Any decent manager would know exactly how injured his players are and be honest enough to say so when asked. Sir Alex Ferguson, for example. A proper manager.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's just another example of TinPott's cluelessness. Any decent manager would know exactly how injured his players are and be honest enough to say so when asked. Sir Alex Ferguson, for example. A proper manager.

Yet another example of Porter being out of his depth, another was singing Sicknote Lamprey. Leeds were there for the taking on Saturday, all we could manage was a win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet another example of Porter being out of his depth, another was singing Sicknote Lamprey. Leeds were there for the taking on Saturday, all we could manage was a win.

Yes. So disappointing. I haven't felt so disappointed since my dad cleared off leaving me with nothing but a loan, the tight b'stard. I guess that's what happens when pappa's a rolling stone. Potter OUT!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here