Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: Group A - the group of death.

Which creature is the hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Let's not forget, they haven't even started counting the postal votes yet.

I know Honey Badgerists tend to vote in person, so the current numbers are obviously skewed towards them.

...and when the South Africans turn up? :whistle:

Jan 18, 2021
...and when the South Africans turn up? :whistle:

Hello PevenseaDove,

It must be a great pleasure for you to have the masterful PERCY TAU as your number one player before his inevitable transfer to Barcelona, PSG, or Bayern.

I have been stalking this forum since the glorious day that PERCY arrived on your misty shores. I am intrigued by this thread and the role that World's Hardest Creature plays in the life of football fans on the South coast of the UK.

It is well known in my country that the Mantis Shrimp is a truly hard creature - mostly because of its sonic boom speed of its pincers creating a shockwave, and its ability to crack the glass of any glass tank that is unfortunate enough to house it.

Please be assured that I have invited all of my friends to cast votes for the the one true champion.

I leave you with what I understand to be the most common greeting in your esteemed country: Piss Off, Timmy.

Regards,
Nkosi

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mr Binky Beans has got to be in with a shout this year surely. ???

D184868A-2740-4A72-AE5C-127C8035D465.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hello PevenseaDove,

It must be a great pleasure for you to have the masterful PERCY TAU as your number one player before his inevitable transfer to Barcelona, PSG, or Bayern.

I have been stalking this forum since the glorious day that PERCY arrived on your misty shores. I am intrigued by this thread and the role that World's Hardest Creature plays in the life of football fans on the South coast of the UK.

It is well known in my country that the Mantis Shrimp is a truly hard creature - mostly because of its sonic boom speed of its pincers creating a shockwave, and its ability to crack the glass of any glass tank that is unfortunate enough to house it.

Please be assured that I have invited all of my friends to cast votes for the the one true champion.

I leave you with what I understand to be the most common greeting in your esteemed country: Piss Off, Timmy.

Regards,
Nkosi

:lolol:

:ban:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You said it yourself. 6 huge, powerful lions - the king of the jungle - seen off by 2 incey-wincey cuddly badgers.

To put things in perspective, an adult HB is around 35lbs. A fully grown lioness is about 280lbs. So you have a combined 1700ish pounds of apex predator having its dinner nicked by around 70lbs of cuddly.

I urge you to think again :

Nice try but the SWC combines a completely evil appearance with it's nastiness. HBs I feel sure could be domesticated!!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hello PevenseaDove,

Regards,
Nkosi

First Mod to break cover with the novel (?) idea of opening a 25th account.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Members of the North Ztand Zhat...

Onze again you are voting for zrozs. Onze again voting for the badgerz. Where did it take you? Are you pleazed with the outzome? Take a look at the world, take a look at yourzelf. Are you happy? The anzwer iz alwayz "nay, brother".

Thiz zhould mean they are dangerouz zreatures, zorrezt? But we're greater than that. We made the ozeans great again. We are the zuperior animalz. We ignore mankind, because we're too good and too ztrong.

You have to take reality into equation. You zould kill the badger in hiz hole, if you just dig deep enough. You zould kill the orza, when it goez to the zurfaze to breathe. You zould kill the zroz, if you have a small boat. But zould you kill uz? You'd be dead on arrival. You zan not zwim that deep. You zan not avoid getting zhot by our projeztiles.

Who iz ztopping humanity? Ozean is. We are rulerz of ozean. You zeaze. We perzizt. We will build a wall of water and you're paying for it

Vote zhrimpz, if you want uz to zave you. Vote zhrimpz, if you know that we won't.

I missed this previous, and very obvious, total abuse of power by a moderator.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You said it yourself. 6 huge, powerful lions - the king of the jungle - seen off by 2 incey-wincey cuddly badgers.

To put things in perspective, an adult HB is around 35lbs. A fully grown lioness is about 280lbs. So you have a combined 1700ish pounds of apex predator having its dinner nicked by around 70lbs of cuddly.

I urge you to think again :

Talking of cuddly

EE8FA067-D42E-4C29-9A8C-249EE7805354.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll need to add the postal votes manually which means, unfortunately, the usernames will not show alongside those votes in the poll.

Regardless, I can assure you all that these votes will be entirely legitimate in every way.

25 postal votes have arrived thus far which, coincidentally, would put the mighty shrimp one vote in front if, by some bizarre coincidence, they were all for the king of the ocean.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There's only one creature in this group that consistently kills the most advanced predator on the planet.

That predator is man and the war machine that is the Salt Water Crocodile eats men for breakfast (literally).

None of these other pretenders take on the world's most alpha predator so often and so successfully,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
STOP PRESS

CHANGE YOUR VOTES

The GM has a bite force 1000x that of a Jaguar, when scaled to be the same size. At that size, it could bite through a 6-inch slab of concrete. In the video below, it bit literally broke the bite force sensor when they tried to measure it.

That's decent. I'm a HB traditionalist but could be swayed.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If any of the other "contenders" (yes, SWC and Mouse I'm looking at you) catch up with the almighty Badger then we will know that skullduggery is afoot. As ever.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If any of the other "contenders" (yes, SWC and Mouse I'm looking at you) catch up with the almighty Badger then we will know that skullduggery is afoot. As ever.

An utterly outrageous slur.

In unrelated news and in order to be completely transparent: with the badger leading King Shrimp by 25 votes, I now have 26 unopened postal votes. I wonder who they have been cast for?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shall we go find the clip again?

You know, the one where the man puts an elastic band over a crocodile's mouth and uses its NOSE to press a doorbell.

There are many species of crocodile and alligator. Some are harder than others.
My photo is of a hone badger, not an English badger or close relative.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There are many species of crocodile and alligator. Some are harder than others.
My photo is of a hone badger, not an English badger or close relative.

So you're saying a Salt Water Crocodile can't be stopped by a simple elastic band?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here