Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: Group A - the group of death.

Which creature is the hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Finally.

Finally!

It's here. The 13th iteration of the world's hardest creature. This is the most streamlined version of the competition in it's illustrious history. There's a whole lot of wheat and exactly zero chaff. No hopeless combatants, no dubious entrants, no betas. Just Alpha after Alpha after Alpha, winner after winner after winner, legend after legend after legend.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Not in this competition it isn't every head dreams of being bowed by the weight of the crown, by the weight of the responsibility, by the knowledge that they, and they alone, are the hardest creature on the planet. The king of kings. The undisputed. The anointed.

Most of you at this stage know what this is about but if you're new to the WHC let me briefly explain. We're looking for the pound for pound hardest creature on earth. What constitutes hard? There are a number of definitions but they should all give weight to varying factors such as strength, fearlessness, attitude, physical prowess. How much weight you give to each is up to you but be prepared to justify your decision.

The rules are simple. The top two in the group qualify for the semi finals. The remaining three head home as losers, valiant they may be but losers nonetheless. Four of the group are former champions. The other is a former beaten finalist. You have one vote. Use it wisely.

So, without any further ado, the combatants of group A- the group of death.

HONEY BADGER

Tournament record: 1 Championship, 4 time runner up

maxresdefault.jpg

We're straight in with this legendary competitor. Cute name but an absolute monster of an animal. Poisonous snakes? He eats the b*st*rds. Lions, the kings of the jungle? He fights the ****ers all day every day. He's a small, squat ferocious powerhouse with razor sharp claws, a devil may care attitude and a seemingly impervious disregard for danger or pain. One of the favourites to win. And rightly so, the little ****mental bugger.

MANTIS SHRIMP

Tournament record: 1 championship

mantisshrimp-467993194.jpg

One of the most divisive entrants in the history of the competition. Mostly because in an extraordinary final back in 2014 he defeated the Honey Badger. He's not been forgiven and as a result his fortunes since his solitary title win have been erratic. But don't write this little fella off. He is basically Zeus of the water, able to generate a deadly thunder and lightning. His front legs have been heavily adapted for close combat and are capable of hitting an opponent at such speed and power(1500 newtons) that they create a shock wave that acts as a secondary assault on their hapless victim, so if the actual hit doesn't crush them the shock wave will. It is such a tremendous speed and force that it also creates a flash of lightning. Impressive.

SALT WATER CROCODILE

Tournament record: 2 Championships, 3 time runner up

hand.jpg

Another WHC legend. No beast has appeared in more finals than the SWC (although the 1-4 honey badger has appeared in the same number). It doesn't take a genius to work out why this beast has proven so successful. He's basically the ultimate WHC physical specimen. Monstrously sized and powerful, he possesses the strongest bite force pound for pound of any of the entrants. He outlived the dinosaurs, surviving whatever cataclism did for T-Rex and co, he's armour plated, can lose his tail or a limb and suffer no loss of efficacy in hunting and killing his prey, can survive a year without food before waking up one day and deciding he's hungry, explode out of the water and snag his dinner. And in the Death Roll, he has his own patented killing move. The only beast in the competition with that distinction. In short he's a helluva competitor.

ORCA

Tournamnet record: 1 championship, 1 time runner up

killer_whale.jpg

The fourth champion of the group. The Orca's heyday was back in the early years of the tournament, making the final in both 2011 and 2012. Don't be fooled by the cuddly 'Free Willy' image you might have of him. This extremely big sea loving beast regularly batters the **** out of great white sharks. Not only is the Orca an incredibly strong, death dealing monster it's also incredibly smart. That is a very dangerous combination.

GRASSHOPPER MOUSE

Tournament record 1 time runner up

GrasshopperMouse-BDTAY7.jpg

True the Grasshopper Mouse has never won the tournament but it is a beaten finalist. And who did it lose to? The legendary Honey badger so if you're going to lose a final you might as well lose to one of the all time greats.

While the crocodile is arguably the perfect physical WHC specimen if you like your competitors to be a little more unstable in the head, the G.M is the animal for you. He's a tiny little thing that defends a frankly ridiculously large territory (about 2-3 hectares and will defend it with a ferocity that is almost unbelievable. If another G.M should be caught straying into their territory the home G.M will not just chase off the invading enemy, he'll fight him to the death. Then he'll eat them. Yep, the G.M is a cannibal. He also takes on, kills and eats, poisonous insects, scorpions and poisonous snakes. And what does he do after his cannibalised or poisonous moon. He stands on his hind legs and howls like a wolf in victory to the moon.

So there you have it NSC. The first group of WHC Champion of Champions. The group of death. Think before voting as every one of these beasts is a worthy entrant and every vote will count.

Good luck!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
this is an incredible idea and a much needed revamp for an old classic that had perhaps lost much of it's romance

i'm going to have to think hard about this group as there are some true legends here

am open to being convinced

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
First up, the Grasshopper Mouse is not hard, he's stupid. If he was a heavyweight boxer, he'd be Deontay Wilder "hit me, go on, hit me again!"

The Salt Water Crocodile has to win this round. Again, the honey badger is hard, but just a bit of a cuddly sized thug. The SWC is patient and thinks and then pounces. It's the hardness and intelligence.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Wow what a group. I have gone for the Salt Water Croc. Anything that has survived extinction for that long has to be hard.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
it's difficult with the orca as there simply isn't much history of 1 on 1 combat with them due to their immense hunting ability. Yes, they'll DISMANTLE a great white shark but it tends to be in a gang ASSAULT. I'm pretty sure 1 orca COULD take on 1 GWS or various types of Whale but there just isn't the evidence available

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the GUPPY has to be in one of the rounds? Small, but according to himself, very, very hard. Only let down by being incredibly racist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
First up, the Grasshopper Mouse is not hard, he's stupid. If he was a heavyweight boxer, he'd be Deontay Wilder "hit me, go on, hit me again!"

The Salt Water Crocodile has to win this round. Again, the honey badger is hard, but just a bit of a cuddly sized thug. The SWC is patient and thinks and then pounces. It's the hardness and intelligence.

The croc is just big and strong. That isn't hard, it is just the luck of evolution. Surely by 'waiting and pouncing' is is actually a bad fighter as it doesn't go head to head in an even fight.

The mouse is a double hard little mentalist that will protect his home and make sure you don't come back. Team Mouse

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

How can you say that something is like Deontay Wilder and NOT be hard? Surely go down the scrappy do route.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Carruthers: 'Oh no! Look OUT Smithers! I thought I saw a grasshopper mouse scuttling there in the undergrowth!' :ohmy:

Smithers: 'Fear not Carruthers! For I have a trap laid with a small cube of cheddar'

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Obviously Peoples Champ innit. IT CASTRATES BUFFALO.

Won't be long until Blatter, Platini and all the other crooks at Mod Towers fix it for the shrimp or the mouse to prevail though, you just wait.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To anyone thinking of voting for either a mouse or a shrimp.....seriously, look at the title of this competition and then look at yourself in the mirror ffs ...a mouse or a shrimp?????? You see, it just doesn't compute does it? I've only just come round to this view but this has to be between the Honey Badger or the SWC. That said, SWCs aren't hard, they're just big stupid ambush predators with sharp teeth and ladies handbag skin. Then look at the Honey Badger, do some research, and you will discover a truly hard creature, the only truly hard creature, one that knows no fear, will attack anything that moves, is impervious to the highly poisonous bites of cobras and black mambas, an animal that is just batfurking crazy....and you now know who to vote for.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pound for pound remember.

You know what an orca the size of a honey badger would be? A baby dolphin.
A salt water crocodile would be a snappy salamander that could just be kicked in the face if it got a bit chopsy.

You know what a honey badger the size of an orca would be? Your worst nightmare end level boss, the equivalent of a tiger, lion and polar bear tethered together with elastic around the testicles, showing the exact temperament that you would expect this treatment to cause.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How can you say that something is like Deontay Wilder and NOT be hard? Surely go down the scrappy do route.

Fair play.

I'm not saying the mouse sin't hard in some way, it's just a bit one dimensional.

And I'd contest [MENTION=3110]Paul Reids Sock[/MENTION]'s view that the croc is in some way lazy. It just knows when to use its pound for pound strength. Let's face it, croc v honey badger in a fight? Croc is going to win. The mouse might be able to get in its face a bit but sooner or later it's breakfast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here