Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why does it taste so sweet?

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Obviously it always feels good to win, but this one tastes even sweeter than usual. I can't quite put my winger on why. Was it...

Because Potter completely outwitted Bielsa? Chubbs looked clueless on the touchline. They had no plan B.

Because Ben White looked desperate to score against his former team mates?

Because our goal was such a well crafted piece of wizardry?

Because we never looked vulnerable from crosses or likely to throw away our lead?

Because the players again proved that they have a lot of fight in them?

Because Maupay's hitting form, Mac Allister's massively improving our link up play in the final third, and Webster's continuing to prove he's a brilliant ball carrier?

Or because the deluded Leeds fans, who thought Bielsaball would be a match for Potterball, who thought Ben White wouldn't play for the Albion shirt, and who, bless them, truly believed they'd be a cut above the Albion this season, were roundly proved wrong on all fronts?

Come to think of it, I can think of a few reasons why it tastes so sweet.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Obviously it always feels good to win, but this one tastes even sweeter than usual. I can't quite put my winger on why. Was it...

Because Potter completely outwitted Bielsa? Chubbs looked clueless on the touchline. They had no plan B.

Because we never looked vulnerable from crosses or likely to throw away our lead?

Because Maupay's hitting form, Mac Allister's massively improving our link up play in the final third, and Webster's continuing to prove he's a brilliant ball carrier?

Or because the deluded Leeds fans, who thought Bielsaball would be a match for Potterball, who thought Ben White wouldn't play for the Albion shirt, and who, bless them, truly believed they'd be a cut above the Albion this season, were roundly proved wrong on all fronts?

your winger?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
because it was our first win for so long everyones forgotten what it's like.

You really can’t remember as far back as November? :lolol:

The victory over Villa was just as sweet to me tbh, but ALL victories are, especially when we play well

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For me it was to wipe the smug smile off the faces of the Leeds fans who had been giving it large online all summer.

8 wins in the last 10 is it?

Great to have a bunny

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because we overcame - by a single goal - the team with the second worst defensive record in the entire EPL? Forgive me if I opt out of the circle knee-jerk. Will be way more impressed if we put Fulham to the sword. Now THERE's a side that doesn't practise strict social distancing between defenders :lol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
After all the negativity surrounding the team recently it was a joy to finally lift the spirits with not only a win, but a win constructed in some style on an absolute potato field of a pitch. For Potter to outfox the deified Bielsa was also a great pleasure. This victory really did taste sweet. The growing emergence of Alexis McAlister as a midfield string puller, the gradual return of confidence to Maupay, another solid defensive effort from the back 5, all made for a rare experience.

With Lamptey's extension, and the return of the two polish lads the squad is starting to look on the up. If only for this week it is fun to have some optimism back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

All of the above, plus Maupay loves scoring against Leeds. He did well against them for Brentford.
For personal reasons, beating Leeds always feels good.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Because we overcame - by a single goal - the team with the second worst defensive record in the entire EPL? Forgive me if I opt out of the circle knee-jerk. Will be way more impressed if we put Fulham to the sword. Now THERE's a side that doesn't practise strict social distancing amongst it's defenders :lol:

Yep, I’m with you Tom, win a week Wednesday and I’ll get excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We beat the biggest team in the world... obviously.

I think its simply because we've spent since the end of last season hearing from Leeds fans about how of big of a club they are, how 'they're back where they belong', and how little old Brighton should just accept that if Leeds want one of our players we should just hand them over.

Of course Leeds were a massive club, and to a certain extent still are, but 16 years out of the Premier league should have brought a sense of humility to them, instead we've been inundated with some very arrogant fans.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You really can’t remember as far back as November? :lolol:

The victory over Villa was just as sweet to me tbh, but ALL victories are, especially when we play well

I've erased most of 2020 from my menory banks, needed to free up some RAM. :mad::ohmy::drool:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds are the worst fans in the league, and not even close.

After the abuse and arrogance directed our way all summer (tin pot club, Potters a hoof ball merchant), to go there and play as magnificently as we did is just a beautiful thing.

All the talk about Bielsa being a world class manager, and Bielsa ball, meanwhile we schooled them and to score THAT goal was just the icing on the cake.

And if that wasn’t enough, it was only Ben White best performance of the season. A win I will savour for a good while that’s for sure.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Because it was against Leeds

Because the goal was a thing of beauty

Because we haven't won in yonks

Because it was vital

Oh, and did I mention......

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Leeds are the worst fans in the league, and not even close.

After the abuse and arrogance directed our way all summer (tin pot club, Potters a hoof ball merchant), to go there and play as magnificently as we did is just a beautiful thing.

All the talk about Bielsa being a world class manager, and Bielsa ball, meanwhile we schooled them and to score THAT goal was just the icing on the cake.

And if that wasn’t enough, it was only Ben White best performance of the season. A win I will savour for a good while that’s for sure.

Will be interesting to see how many other teams adopt the Brighton way vs them now. They could be in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here