Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Blackpool FA Cup 4th Round line up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What is your selection strategy for this match?

I'm resting most of the first choice midfield and attack (and Webby), for our biggest game of the season a few days later.

-------------Walton
-----Veltman Dunk Burn
Gross Propper Moder Alzate
-------Khadra Zeqiri Tau

I'd have a bench full of youngsters. Leandro, Neal, Yves, Solly etc can sit at home and watch on TV. The above team is good enough to beat the 14th placed team in league one at the Amex, break our home duck and get us into the 5th round.

I'm discounting Bernardo and Ali J due to probable transfers, Karbo for fitness and Caicedo because he hasn't been announced yet (and probably can't get in the country anyway)

Wouldn't it be a great bonus to get a return and some minutes for one or more of Lallana, Connolly, Izquierdo, Wellbeck.

It would also be great to get ahead in the tie and get some game time for Sanders or Jenks

Whatever, this is a big game, but Fulham is bigger.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy to go very rotational here and give all / most of those involved in the last 3 games a rest. If young roberts is fit (not heard of him for a while?!) is maybe play him at the back with Veltman. Maybe some of the lads returning from injury and the Polish lads both to start. Give Khadra a start, maybe Sanders too. And Tau.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Give Maty Ryan another go in goal. He might be leaving so wouldn't mind seeing him on more time.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Team I would pick is
Moseley
Gatting , Pearce , Foster , Stevens
Smillie , Case , Howlette , Grealish
Smith , Robinson

This team should do the business

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’d be more than happy to play a number of our talented kids. Khadra, Jenks, Sanders, Alzate, Zequiri for sure. And not sure who else is match fit in the core u23 group, but would be good to see players like Dedoncker, Yapi, Ella and Gwargis involved in some way.

And put a few of our lesser used experienced players in the side to help get the result, eg, Proper and AJ.

Outside shot: we may get to see Modor make his debut. So lots of interest in this game for me.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Happy to go very rotational here and give all / most of those involved in the last 3 games a rest. If young roberts is fit (not heard of him for a while?!) is maybe play him at the back with Veltman.

If you mean Hayden? He’s still on loan at Rochdale and getting good reports. Featured in most of their games this season, including Saturday in their 3-3 draw with Wigan.

Happy to go very rotational here and give all / most of those involved in the last 3 games a rest. If young roberts is fit (not heard of him for a while?!) is maybe play him at the back with Veltman. Maybe some of the lads returning from injury and the Polish lads both to start. Give Khadra a start, maybe Sanders too. And Tau.

Do you mean the Roberts who has been out on loan for several weeks ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You pick your team for Fulham, then work backwards.

Re Blackpool- I'd like to see Biss and Moder start, give Biss an hour then replace him with Alzate.

I'd be tempted to hide Tau for this one and preserve the element of surprise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you mean the Roberts who has been out on loan for several weeks ?

Forgotten he was out at Rochdale. Hadn't really been keeping an eye on things, but it appears he won their fans' player of the month award for November, so hopefully it's going well. Lots of really positive comments about him from their supporters on Twitter, I see.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you mean Hayden? He’s still on loan at Rochdale and getting good reports. Featured in most of their games this season, including Saturday in their 3-3 draw with Wigan.

I meant Ben Roberts :blush:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunk & Webster need a rest I think. So who should we playCB? Veltman as he’s not played as much this season and it’s his actual main position? Burn maybe? But they’ve both features a fair bit recently. Any younger prospects who may get a start there? Or play Bernardo there if he’s not off?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dunk & Webster need a rest I think. So who should we playCB? Veltman as he’s not played as much this season and it’s his actual main position? Burn maybe? But they’ve both features a fair bit recently. Any younger prospects who may get a start there? Or play Bernardo there if he’s not off?

Dedoncker is quite highly rated, but I don’t know who’s available from the u23s. Yapi’s another name we’ve all wanted given a chance in the squad, so be nice to see some like him make the bench as well.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

Roberts is playing for Rochdale at the moment

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Have followed the Rochdale results because of Roberts and they have had a mental last 6 or so games, if you want goals you should support Rochdale, their last 6 games have been 3-3, 4-4, 3-3, 1-4, 5-0, and 1-4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here