Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music Producer Supreme dies in prison

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Did anybody else see the film about his trial? He was brilliantly portrayed by Al Pacino. That film may have been one sided but it cast serious doubts on his guilt . That was due to forensic evidence and blood splatter patterns which ,they say, showed the death could not have happened the way the prosecution alleged.

Whatever, I know that he was a complete basket case and a violent ,controlling person. However, he is not the only creative master to have mental problems. I believe he must first be remembered for the wonderful music and the records he gave us, music that thrilled us in our youth.

I still say , unapologetically, Phil Spector RIP .

He was, at work at least, revolutionary and inspirational. You don't often hear a bad word about others of his ilk who also had dark sides ( although mostly not THAT dark!)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ooh it’s a corner;9692760 said:
Geez - I had no intention of causing a problem and regret doing so - I apologise. I hadn’t seen a previous thread had been started and quickly withdrawn. When I saw the headline that he’d died I was just commenting on the music and his influence there - without thought to the other side of his character. I do usually reflect before I post - I’ll go back to that way in future.

You had the presence of mind to not make it a "RIP" thread. It was probably the inclusion of those three letters which provoked such a reaction in the previous thread. Your thread merely stated the fact of his death. Nothing wrong with that and nothing for anyone to get offended or sensitive about.
He's dead, it's no great loss and the music lives on.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
That, and Harty starting it off with "Regardless of his shortcomings as a boyfriend".........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here