Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youngest Team in Top Flight History

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Quite possible it won't

The other PL chairmen know perfectly well TB isn't going to be mugged off and may conclude it's not even worth trying. Bids from abroad may be more likely

The way I see it, every unsuccessful bid for a player shows your hand as to how much cash you've got swimming around

Not this Jan I agree but once things get back to some kind of normality I'd be surprised if our bigger talents are not drawing attention from the bigger clubs. Interesting that a lot of you don't think we are in a moneyball type model designed to move us incrementally towards the promised land because that's exactly what I think we are doing...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I just don't think anyone is willing to pay anywhere near that.

Liverpool have only paid really big bucks a couple of times. At the start of next season they will have a raft of injured players fit and will be very strong in midfield

Arsenal sacked a dinosaur and are having to be propped up by the Bank of England.

Chelsea are probably not going to keep giving Lampard £50m+ to spend

Spurs, seriously hit by loss of matchday income. Levy isn't buying big right now

City. He's not going there. Not a Pep player

Man U. This is the most plausible option. If they get big money for Pogba, they might look for a big money replacement. Far from certain it will be Biss though.

Leicester or Everton are not totally implausible, but they are both already very strong in centre mid.

At the end of the day he's worth more to us than to anyone else would be willing to pay. So is Tariq, so is Ben. I think we're holding on

£60m is obviously stronging it a bit and was meant to be illustrative but I do think we could see bids of north of £40m in the summer. If that happens it will be interesting to see the clubs reaction. I hope you're right but if we sign the Ecuadorian kid and Moder we will be well positioned to get top dollar and not need to worry too much about replacements.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not this Jan I agree but once things get back to some kind of normality I'd be surprised if our bigger talents are not drawing attention from the bigger clubs. Interesting that a lot of you don't think we are in a moneyball type model designed to move us incrementally towards the promised land because that's exactly what I think we are doing...

Nothing to do with moneyball.

I just don't see it as sound business sense. Clearly a buyer's market at the moment.

The only evidence I see from TB is someone who wants us to become a top 10 side and is reasoning to do that, we need Tariq, Ben and Yves more than we need £120m

I take the point that Southampton and Leicester have sold players and gone on to do well. Though our recruitment isn't at the level where we can sell our best players with little impact. Southampton only just stayed up for a couple of seasons as well

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nothing to do with moneyball.

I just don't see it as sound business sense. Clearly a buyer's market at the moment.

The only evidence I see from TB is someone who wants us to become a top 10 side and is reasoning to do that, we need Tariq, Ben and Yves more than we need £120m

I take the point that Southampton and Leicester have sold players and gone on to do well. Though our recruitment isn't at the level where we can sell our best players with little impact. Southampton only just stayed up for a couple of seasons as well

Agree re recruitment now, but I do think thats the strategy. Time will tell I guess...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I hate the collar on our home shirt with a vengeance!

Dunky looks alright though.

So do I. They look like they're homemade by the mums and aunties of the players or something, always curling up and sticking out in the wrong place and too big on one side or the other. The only player who can carry off that collar is Tariq Lamptey because he looks like a naughty schoolboy who's been forced to go to church in his new shirt against his will but won't think twice about swearing at the vicar. I miss Tariq Lamptey. And I miss the stripes as well. Those pinstripes aren't stripes. I don't think it will mean we get relegated this season though.

Please keep all of this to yourself.

D

Deleted member 2719

Excellent thread.

This is what I go on NSC for excellent positive, and yet realistic and accurate.

10/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here