Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youngest Team in Top Flight History

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
With Karbownik and Moder recalled from loan (assume to play) and caicedo hopefully actually signing (if Tim Vickerey reviews are true sounds like a great signing). The age change in 2 years is phenomenal - we started with a team in 2018/19 at ‘optimum’ age 26-29 and 2 excellent old farts

Ryan 26
Bruno 37 / Montoya 27
Bong 30 / Bernardo 23
Duffy 26
Dunk 27
Stephens 29 / Bissouma 22
Proper 27
Knockaert 27
March 24
Gross 27
Murray 35

What could be the line up vs Fulham - could this be the youngest non-restricted XI (COVID / injuries / double games) in history of the top league
Sanchez 23
Lamptey 20
Karbownik 19
Webster 26
White 22
Dunk 29
Moder 21
Alzatte 22
Caicedo 19
Connolly 20
MacAlister 22

Or could use Bissouma / Maupay 24, March / Trossard / Tua 26
Even our old players are only 28 Burn, 29 Veltman/ Propper / Gross 30 Welbeck and the ancient Lallana 32

The quality of this team in a couple of years could be outstanding

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're unlikely to play a team that cost about £40m. :ohmy:

Feckin Webster, ruining everything.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Several users have mentioned Caicedo playing for us, but reports suggested he'd be going to Belguim first. Is that not still the case?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Several users have mentioned Caicedo playing for us, but reports suggested he'd be going to Belguim first. Is that not still the case?

It was suggested that any issues with work permit would be avoided under the new rules and also that there was nothing to back up the Belgium reports

May 5, 2020
Sussex
All joking aside,I never realised MacAllister was only 22!
Lamptey at 20 and white 22 they are still years off their peak and they already look the business.
It bodes very well for the future.
Looking at the team the OP has posted is this the beginning of Tony blooms plan of developing young players rather than spending 30 million on an established name.
Good spot by the OP.
Its exciting times.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
All joking aside,I never realised MacAllister was only 22!
Lamptey at 20 and white 22 they are still years off their peak and they already look the business.
It bodes very well for the future.
Looking at the team the OP has posted is this the beginning of Tony blooms plan of developing young players rather than spending 30 million on an established name.
Good spot by the OP.
Its exciting times.

Pedant Alert Ben White 23 :thumbsup:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Can’t win anything with kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that may be what we are slightly suffering - just a little bit more wisdom in the team - maybe Murray / Duffy should have been kept not to play but to keep everyone’s heads up when things aren’t growing well (not sure Lallana is the one) . Sort of more like when Gary MacAllister signed for Liverpool to ‘on pitch coach’ the very young Stephen Gerrard and Danny Murphy

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Thanks for correcting.
23 is still incredible.
He will be the best centrehalf in the world by the time he's 25!! fantastic.

Sorry I did say pedant alert :blush:
It’s just every time he s been mentioned this weekend in the media
it seemed his age was as well
But yes fingers crossed he gets the chance to excel in which ever becomes his best position He has a subtle bite about his play
Which hopefully will stay under the radar

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think that may be what we are slightly suffering - just a little bit more wisdom in the team - maybe Murray / Duffy should have been kept not to play but to keep everyone’s heads up when things aren’t growing well (not sure Lallana is the one) . Sort of more like when Gary MacAllister signed for Liverpool to ‘on pitch coach’ the very young Stephen Gerrard and Danny Murphy

Yes I agree.
I think lallana and welbeck were brought in to help the younger players which I'm sure they will in terms of technique,but they are not battle hardened warrior types like Murray and Duffy.
Sadly though the wise warrior types of Murray and Duffy are few and far between in the modern era so I can only assume it's not what the modern clubs want the players to aspire to.
Dunk is probably the nearest we have to that now and I'm sure he is good at that role off the pitch but I would like to see him more vocal and involved during the games.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Sorry I did say pedant alert :blush:
It’s just every time he s been mentioned this weekend in the media
it seemed his age was as well
But yes fingers crossed he gets the chance to excel in which ever becomes his best position He has a subtle bite about his play
Which hopefully will stay under the radar

Yes and the fact he can operate so effectively as a central midfielder at this level shows how good he will be as the defender in the centre of a back three.
Really quality player.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You don't win with kids, this is a relegation battle.
Also: Hughton out -- he won't start the kids.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You don't win with kids, this is a relegation battle.
Also: Hughton out -- he won't start the kids.

I name you Alan Hansen and claim my five pounds worth of Premium Bonds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here