[Albion] Karbownik recalled from loan

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[TWEET]1350744673409646592[/TWEET]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Albion formally recall Michal Karbowmik from loan

Brighton & Hove Albion have recalled Michal Karbownik from his loan with Polish top-flight club Legia Warsaw.*

The 19-year-old joined Albion on a four-year deal on transfer deadline day in October from Warsaw, heading straight-back out on loan to the Polish capital.
Head coach Graham Potter said, “We have made the decision to bring Michal into the club and into the squad.
“He has been a regular for Legia Warsaw, and last season was a key player for them as they won their domestic league.

“He has a lot of adaptability; he can play either side of the defence, as well as in midfield. He's an exciting young player who we are looking forward to having in the group.”
Karbownik made his Ekstraklasa debut for Legia in August 2019, going onto make 28 appearances that season as they lifted the Polish top-flight title.

He has played in several positions for club and country including right-back, left-back, wing-back and in midfield.

[tweet]1350744673409646592[/tweet]

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Great to have another attacking wing back option. Hopefully he can make an impression and get some game time. If not, half a season with the squad will get him ready for next season, or understand what level to loan him out to.

Edit - Also, expect it's good news for Moder to have a familiar face over here to help settle (assuming they've played some Polish age group football together).

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What I find interesting is that this is another Potter type of player who can play multiple positions and genuinely two footed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two threads anyway so I merged it with the one that was correctly spelled and started a minute earlier!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm really excited by this one, even more so than Moder but we'll wait and see and give them the time they need!

He is quite raw from what I've seen. Very dynamic and exciting but it'll be a steep learning curve.
Moder, who is a couple of years older, really looks the real deal.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
He is quite raw from what I've seen. Very dynamic and exciting but it'll be a steep learning curve.
Moder, who is a couple of years older, really looks the real deal.
Good to know about Moder! And yeah I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it's a difficult league

Suppose can only really go on footage from the Polish leagues which isn't much to write home about! However, international regulars is not to be sniffed at!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Good to know about Moder! And yeah I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it's a difficult league

Suppose can only really go on footage from the Polish leagues which isn't much to write home about! However, international regulars is not to be sniffed at!

And they've both played Champions League this season.
Super exciting times.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also, he has been playing in a much more attacking postion during the loan spell, and his substitute appearances for Poland were as a left and right winger.
So Potter will love him and it could turn out he plays somewhere very different to LWB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here