Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster’s goal of the season....

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just keeping the thread warm for the inevitable when Webster breaks from his own half and pops it in the top corner. It’s just a matter of time.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If he manages to avoid his inevitable heavy touch followed by a lunge as he breaks forward he will be some player. Seems to happen most of the time currently though

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love seeing him drive through the oppositions midfield like that, if he ever scores from it I think the matrix could reset

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He scored an absolute belter for Bristol City a couple of years ago, I think it might have been pre season. Anyone got a link?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If he manages to avoid his inevitable heavy touch followed by a lunge as he breaks forward he will be some player. Seems to happen most of the time currently though

Usually his 4th or 5th touch but they are happening less often of late

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like it when the opposition start picking up other players and cutting off this passing options ... and he just keeps going, Much entertainment.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I had goal of the season being Webser bringing the ball out of defence and having a cracking shot from outside the box as well, then it hits the bar and goes in off the back of Burns head.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
One of the advantages of ball playing CB's. One of them can cut loose and run with the ball leaving the other 2 to defend the fort, which sometimes catches the oppo off guard.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I had goal of the season being Webser bringing the ball out of defence and having a cracking shot from outside the box as well, then it hits the bar and goes in off the back of Burns head.

BDB is more likely to head it away from goal, unfortunately.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Adam has done brilliantly at carrying the ball forward recently.

Yesterday he put in a great pass for a right sided player (I can't remember who) ... but this is what we need more of.

Break into midfield and put a pass into space, then fly into the box and try to get on the end of something. Their centre backs won't like that. This is the most likely route to Webby scoring from open play

Webby is adding more and more to his game by the week. To go further, more telling passes like yesterday's, followed by committing fully to a barnstorming run into the box.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Yeah, this is what I see every match. He pushes it too far in front of him and then flies in studs up to try and keep possession. Hopefully, this could be remedied on the training pitch and watching a few old (very old) videos of Lawro in a Brighton shirt galloping from one end of the pitch to the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here