Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the day 16/1/21

D

Deleted member 2719

How much longer have we got to put up with Lineker? Surely his contract runs out soon.

I have always found him dull.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Obviously I've noticed the shite Leeds haircuts before but just watching now I see the majority of Leeds players favour the "above the knee" tart's stockings look.
Ben White also.
You can take the boy out of Leeds but..... etc.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As ever with MOTD you could get three random people off the street and you would still get a similarly accurate level of analysis ..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ian Wright full of praise for us about 10 times

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is the point of the rule/law that says a linesman doesn’t flag for a crystal clear offside till the passage of play is over? Makes no sense to me and I just can’t think of a reason. I understand if it’s really tight and then the lino isn’t culpable for calling it wrong, but when it’s as clear as the Burnley one just now, what is the point?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bielsa interview.

What was the point?

Basically, they can’t defend, they can’t attack. That was it .

3rd best manager in the World?

My arse.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What is the point of the rule/law that says a linesman doesn’t flag for a crystal clear offside till the passage of play is over? Makes no sense to me and I just can’t think of a reason. I understand if it’s really tight and then the lino isn’t culpable for calling it wrong, but when it’s as clear as the Burnley one just now, what is the point?

It's going to take somebody getting seriously injured (or, alternatively, a player from a Big Club getting slightly injured) before they change it. There was a game a few weeks ago involving Burnley where an attacker was clearly offside, but as the flag didn't go up, Ben Mee had no choice but to go after him and put the block in. He injured himself making the challenge and ended up having to be substituted.

It's ridiculous: imagine losing a key player because they had to make a completely unnecessary challenge. Bad enough at any time, let alone in a season where players are statistically suffering more muscle and fatigue related injuries AND missing games due to COVID.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's going to take somebody getting seriously injured (or, alternatively, a player from a Big Club getting slightly injured) before they change it. There was a game a few weeks ago involving Burnley where an attacker was clearly offside, but as the flag didn't go up, Ben Mee had no choice but to go after him and put the block in. He injured himself making the challenge and ended up having to be substituted.

It's ridiculous: imagine losing a key player because they had to make a completely unnecessary challenge. Bad enough at any time, let alone in a season where players are statistically suffering more muscle and fatigue related injuries AND missing games due to COVID.

Didn’t Pickford wipe somebody out in similar circumstances earlier in the season? Van Dijk? That’s pretty serious and still they don’t listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here