Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wine or not to Wine. Your tipple.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Wouldn’t know where to start with a white wine,

My preference for red is French, specifically the Rhône valley region.
The absolute king of wine for me is a Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
South Africa can do a decent pinotage, South America a decent Malbec.
Some Aussie reds can be quite drinkable too, 19 crimes (uprising) fermented in old whisky barrels is delightful.
Not a big fan of merlot.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
ALDI have a £6.99 organic bottle of Malbec which is the best sub £10 bottle I’ve ever tasted! I’ve had £25 bottles that haven’t been as nice. It’s the Buenas Vidas from Argentina. Lovely.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
I can pretty much take or leave wine. If I have to, a nice Chablis.

Now Whisky, that's a different thing, a tipple of some decent stuff couple of times a week.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
A lot of the Aussie stuff is crap these days, so are quite a few Saffers. I like the Marlboroughs from NZ and white Spanish Rioja's too, for reds I normally go for Chilean Cab-Sabs or a Portuguese Douro. I avoid all Argentine, Bulgarian and Romanian wines like the plague and struggle to find anything Italian that is drinkable. As for British wines, they are all out of my price range and not an option.

Whites from Marlborough and Malbec from Argentine also Rose from Chile

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Spanish red - Ribero del Duero, Spanish Whites - Verdejo and Albariño, Argentina - Malbec, French - Viognier and Pouilly Fumé

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I tend to go by grape but often end up with something Italian or Spanish. I like full body, heavy reds in the winter and cooler months, crisp dry whites in the summer.
I've sort of given up with Japanese wine which is a real shame. It's not good value for money Vs the quality of imported stuff and usually tastes a bit weird as they're big on muscat and koshu which I find very hit n miss, mostly miss.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I like my wine but it’s a bit of a waste in my household as I’m the only one that drinks it. Prefer lighter wines especially from Austria and Italy. Partial to a good Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and a Pinot Noir from anywhere.
Like Aldi champagne which goes with pretty much anything.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Generally go for Italian whites, particularly Gavi di Gavi

If going red, I am rather partial to a Puisseguin Saint-Émilion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here