Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wine or not to Wine. Your tipple.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Barolo or Amerone,
Malbec is vile (IMO)
Expensive tastes!
BTW It's Amarone.
I like them both, but I'm a Southern Rhone man. Costiére de Nîmes for day to day, Château Neuf du Pape for special occasions

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
D6E953E3-7AC3-4624-A771-1E1860BB7389.jpeg

My favourite go to at Tesco - reduced to £4.50 a bottle last week - halfway through my third bottle- opened the first at 2pm

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can't do whites anymore unless fizz
Rose is great with fish or white meat - White Zinfandel particularly
All Malbecs come from Argentina, I've yet to find one I can enjoy
Merlot and Cab/Sav more my thing, Rioja and Shiraz too can be okay
Good few years ago was lucky enough to spend a day wine tasking in Cape Town - happy days ...

With wine it's true that you generally get what you pay for - under a fiver is unlikely to beat a £10-£15 range for taste, flavour & body.
Tend to avoid Californian and Australian as these are more typically targeted at the cheaper end of the scale.

Anyone discovered Jam Shed?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can't do whites anymore unless fizz
Rose is great with fish or white meat - White Zinfandel particularly
All Malbecs come from Argentina, I've yet to find one I can enjoy
Merlot and Cab/Sav more my thing, Rioja and Shiraz too can be okay
Good few years ago was lucky enough to spend a day wine tasking in Cape Town - happy days ...

With wine it's true that you generally get what you pay for - under a fiver is unlikely to beat a £10-£15 range for taste, flavour & body.
Tend to avoid Californian and Australian as these are more typically targeted at the cheaper end of the scale.

Anyone discovered Jam Shed?

All Malbecs do not come from Argentina. The grape originated in the Cahors region, where it is still produced.

It was exported to Argentina since soil conditions suited the grape.

My trips to Lot and its environs have been magnificent.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
For everyday drinking I buy ‘Clean Skins’, which you can buy here for as little as about £1.70 a bottle. Basically it is the over production of big name brands who don’t want to see their high street labels being discounted. The only choice you get is grape variety.

My everyday stuff is Chardonnay, and before anyone gets too stuffy they should remember that White Burgundy, Macon Villages and Chablis are 100% Chardonnay, and most good champagnes have a big chunk of it too. Talking of sparkling, there are some seriously good bottles of fizz out here at very sensible price tags, totally negates any reason to buy cheap champers.

Not a great drinker of reds which is a shame as the quality here is superb, but I am gonna try me a ‘Baby Grange’ at some point.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Not really into red more of white wines in our house,however and you don't have to name the brand but what countries wine do you look for first ? For us Australian,Chilean and then New Zealand.

New World wines, preferably South African, but Chilean, Argentinian, Australian also good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here