Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wine or not to Wine. Your tipple.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not really into red more of white wines in our house,however and you don't have to name the brand but what countries wine do you look for first ? For us Australian,Chilean and then New Zealand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
French, Spanish. Cheaper Spanish reds rule for me. Rioja/Tempranillo

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Love a Malbec with steak
Italian reds with many other meals
A chilled Beaujolais in the summer
Pinot noir with roast chicken...
...a good Bordeaux with other roasts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
General preference for Syrah/Shiraz for a single red variety, although a GSM is a cracking blend. I’d normally look to Australia first. For whites I’m a Chablis/Chardonnay fan, but also enjoy a dry Riesling, happy to try them from any region, so long as they’re good,

The very best for me though is a blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay, together with some bubbles. They can generally be from Sussex or Epernay.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A lot of the Aussie stuff is crap these days, so are quite a few Saffers. I like the Marlboroughs from NZ and white Spanish Rioja's too, for reds I normally go for Chilean Cab-Sabs or a Portuguese Douro. I avoid all Argentine, Bulgarian and Romanian wines like the plague and struggle to find anything Italian that is drinkable. As for British wines, they are all out of my price range and not an option.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Depends what I fancy. I Drink a lot of French wine generally. St Emillon is a favourite.

If I fancy Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc I'll look at New Zealand. Pinotage, South Africa Shiraz, Durif, Australia.

Some lovely wines coming out of Portugal now.

As I get older , I enjoy wine more and more. Quality and choice available is miles better than it was 'when I were a lad'. And means don't have to go for a pee so often!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends what I fancy. I Drink a lot of French wine generally. St Emillon is a favourite.

If I fancy Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc I'll look at New Zealand. Pinotage, South Africa Shiraz, Durif, Australia.

Some lovely wines coming out of Portugal now.

As I get older , I enjoy wine more and more. Quality and choice available is miles better than it was 'when I were a lad'. And means don't have to go for a pee so often!

Given up on Blue Nun then?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
White, France, Burgundy.
With white wine nothing comes close.
Red, I like Merlot but not overly fussed about the country as many produce very good Merlot.
Sparkling, Cornwall, Camel Valley.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really live a nice Malbec day to day, although football this evening has been accompanied by a lovely Clarendelle Bordeaux Inspired by Haut-Brion 2015 (or two!)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Red all the way for me

Boredeaux, Barbera, MOstly Frensh and Italian, Do like a good Rioja.

also a fan of sparkling red on occaision.

Aus red can be a bit OTT,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here