Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team selection today - Humble Pie

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
To be fair I was thinking the worse when I saw our starting 11 today - but fair play to Potter - He got it spot on today - outwitting the best manager the world has ever seen !

Anybody else snacking on the humble pie ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bravo. At least someones having a nice slice tonight! Should be quite a few tbh.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep, agreed. Was confused to see Burn at CB with White in midfield. Tau not starting. & both Biss & Propper on the bench. But will happily take my humble pie. Tactics & timings of subs were perfect

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. I think pretty much everyone here was universally disappointed to see Biss left out the team.

Tactically spot on though. Gross had a sort of quarter back role and our counter attacks were very effective as he linked up with Mac. Big call. Full credit to the manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just imagine if all those that have to eat humble pie tonight actually paused for thought at 18:30 on 27.01.21.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
What do we know - the majority of posts pre game were "hold them for 45 mins" and then unleash our attacking options as Leeds tire. Who'd have thought we'd go in at Half Time 1-0 up and bought on perfectly timed substitutions to nullify the game..........if you believe that was the main tactic ;-)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just imagine if all those that have to eat humble pie tonight actually paused for thought at 18:30 on 27.01.21.

I see because one person was disappointed in Bissouma starting on the bench that actually equates too pretty much everyone here was universally disappointed.

Odd - I certainly didn't come here for a lecture in Communism.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
To be fair I was thinking the worse when I saw our starting 11 today - but fair play to Potter - He got it spot on today - outwitting the best manager the world has ever seen !

Well done for maning up, respect :bowdown:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. I think pretty much everyone here was universally disappointed to see Biss left out the team.

Tactically spot on though. Gross had a sort of quarter back role and our counter attacks were very effective as he linked up with Mac. Big call. Full credit to the manager.

Wrong. Most on here thought the worst. I did not. I said so at the time. So, calling me and others a liar is a bit harsh.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We got the result, but it’s not to say we were stronger for not starting biss.
I thought we looked instantly more solid when he came on.
If he was tired or injured then fine, but imho there can never be tactical justification for not playing him.
He’s our best player and, if fit, should start every game

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I must admit, I had a wobble when I saw the teamsheet, Happy with the result but I did expect us to thrash them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm very wary of criticising GP's line ups. He does have a habit of getting good performances from the most unlikely of line ups.

I think this is because he always has a plan. Sometimes (like today) it works, sometimes it doesn't, but there is always a plan behind his selection. And, given he's only had a season and a half managing at anywhere close to this level, I like to think he's learning and improving.

If it's simply picking your best players 1 to 11, there may be many more who could do it and be successful ???

1-0 to Fat Frank's lot :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong. Most on here thought the worst. I did not. I said so at the time. So, calling me and others a liar is a bit harsh.

Exactly.

I really don't get the rush to 'make myself look as stupid as possible' the instant the team is announced.

Why would any fan actively look for a dark cloud to stand under, an hour before kick off?

I see the team.
I count how many centre backs
I count how many strikers.
I hope the ratio is approximately 6 to 1.
I look forward to the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only real surprise for me was Bissouma missing, but balanced against Groß being there for set piece delivery.

Whilst we didn't ultimately get anything from a set piece. Biss coming on when he did completely stifled them.

#PotterIn

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Fair enough! I didn’t think the worst either, my words were “I’ll judge how effective the lineup was at full time”. I completely supported the manager, but I was shocked to see Bissouma left out.

You honestly weren’t surprised to see Biss not start?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
NSC is getting all a bit play ground we are allowed to get frustrated and vent when things go badly without having to justify our actions. Ultimately we ALL want the same thing the team to do well.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We got the result, but it’s not to say we were stronger for not starting biss.
I thought we looked instantly more solid when he came on.
If he was tired or injured then fine, but imho there can never be tactical justification for not playing him.
He’s our best player and, if fit, should start every game

This, think we would've looked much better if he'd started.

We scraped a one-nil against a very poor team today, I don't think that earns Graham a tactical genius award. If we'd battered them fair enough but we didn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This, think we would've looked much better if he'd started.

We scraped a one-nil against a very poor team today, I don't think that earns Graham a tactical genius award. If we'd battered then fair enough but we didn't.

Get rid?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t mind admitting I was disappointed.

Still think Bissouma should have started, the result doesn’t change that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here