Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad Rotation.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Pre-match my toys came out of the pram bemoaning another changed starting XI and questioning Potter's selection and whether he knows his best nine players let alone starting XI.
Well I suppose it's something that old school fans have to get use to is that Potter is going to rotate the players every game and we will rarely play the same XI two weeks on the trot. Personally I hate it but it's the way the game is going and you have to respect his decisions.
Wonder how the players feel about it or is it designed to create a competitive squad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I would hope players weren't simply being rested for a winnable game when there's a week until our next fixture and 10 days until our next PL game after this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have a VERY good squad for a lower league PL team, Tau was a massive disappointment but Propper looked quality and Bissouma is just a beast even when misfiring

I confess to being a Potterfanboy almost to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] levels

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is time to let some of the squad go. It is clear who is out of favour and they need to be moved on.

D

Deleted member 2719

We have a VERY good squad for a lower league PL team, Tau was a massive disappointment but Propper looked quality and Bissouma is just a beast even when misfiring

I confess to being a Potterfanboy almost to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] levels

I will raise you to above Swansmans levels. :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't enjoy the rotation or the moving around of players into other positions, the partnerships that our squad built under Hughton was at times telepathic. I would rather we used a regular 18/20 players making the odd change as injuries and suspensions dictated but that is because I feel we have a bit of a drop in quality from those to the rest. Bigger clubs rotate because they are replacing an excellent player with a similarly excellent player.

What baffles me the most is playing defenders in midfield positions when we have plenty of available midfielders to choose from. It must've disheartening to those youngsters like Maloumby, Sanders, Jenks, Alzate to see White get picked in CM ahead of them

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't enjoy the rotation or the moving around of players into other positions, the partnerships that our squad built under Hughton was at times telepathic. I would rather we used a regular 18/20 players making the odd change as injuries and suspensions dictated but that is because I feel we have a bit of a drop in quality from those to the rest. Bigger clubs rotate because they are replacing an excellent player with a similarly excellent player.

What baffles me the most is playing defenders in midfield positions when we have plenty of available midfielders to choose from. It must've disheartening to those youngsters like Maloumby, Sanders, Jenks, Alzate to see White get picked in CM ahead of them

White was utterly outstanding in CM today. I've sympathy for your point, but he was just exceptional. Much better than Kalvin Phillips :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here