Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Personally I think BW plays better when Biss is not in the team.
Maybe the set up today was to try out a team without Biss as there are rumours of Arse interest.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Squad rotation, horses for courses, people get tired/twinges, and I'm just a supporter so I know nothing.

Tau looked a bit out of sorts when he came on so maybe that's why he did didn't start.

But we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. :shrug:

I predicted Biss would start though, of course. :lolol:

Agreed - think your point of 'we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes' is spot on.

I'm not a Gross admirer I think he's too slow and likes sideways and backwards but Potter must see more. Anyway a good team performance and much needed 3 points.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Pascal hardly ever has a poor game. Sometimes doesn't affect the game as much as he would like, but has never been a liability for us.

Personally I prefer midfielders who can get up and down the park better. In my mind, Pascal should be competing for a role in the front 3.

He's also the only trustworthy penalty taker in the squad, which should get in a decent amount of game time in my view

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If anybody, ANYBODY, thinks Gross is a better option than a fully fit Bissouma ever, they need a check up from the neck up.

Wildly different players so I don't really see your point. I wouldn't want Bissouma playing where Gross plays

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I will probably get shot down...we have played better & moved the ball quicker against City and Leeds without Bissouma in the side.

But equally we were very fluid against Newcastle with him in the side. I think it depends on who is round him. If Alazate or Mac Alister are playing they want to move the ball forward. Gross , Proper, LLana , Trossard are generally slower .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed - think your point of 'we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes' is spot on.

I'm not a Gross admirer I think he's too slow and likes sideways and backwards but Potter must see more. Anyway a good team performance and much needed 3 points.

News just in:-

Stat's flabber is aghast a Brighton fan has written I'm not a Gross admirer

Tough crowd.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Wildly different players so I don't really see your point. I wouldn't want Bissouma playing where Gross plays

The OP said who would have picked Gross ahead of Bissouma. There's a clue there for you, but for your information, Gross did play deeper in the Bissouma role. Potter's choice, not mine. Try and keep up. :kiss:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
But equally we were very fluid against Newcastle with him in the side. I think it depends on who is round him. If Alazate or Mac Alister are playing they want to move the ball forward. Gross , Proper, LLana , Trossard are generally slower .

Bissouma needs a creative player next to him when playing cm, as does White. That isn't their game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here