Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I will probably get shot down...we have played better & moved the ball quicker against City and Leeds without Bissouma in the side.

Well there’s no question this was a very considered thought out tactic, and it certainly worked against this Leeds side.

It looked to me like Gross almost had a sort of quarter back role at times, stayed very central and pinged it back and forth for MacAllister and White to make forward runs.

Will be interesting to see if we use this line up again.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well there’s no question this was a very considered thought out tactic, and it certainly worked against this Leeds side.

It looked to me like Gross almost had a sort of quarter back role at times, stayed very central and pinged it back and forth for MacAllister and White to make forward runs.

Will be interesting to see if we use this line up again.
I was worried before the game we would get over run in midfield probably like we all did. Full credit to Potter spot on tactics even the subs today.

Pascal superb today along with the rest of the squad.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
A fresh and fit Gross would be a definite in my starting 11 these days and I wouldn't have said that 6 months ago. Tbh I thought he was on his way out. Potter is using him well.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If anybody, ANYBODY, thinks Gross is a better option than a fully fit Bissouma ever, they need a check up from the neck up.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It got us a win today, so today it WAS the better option! FACT !!

Not sure how you work that out. How can it be fact? :mad: It proved to be a sufficient option, but Gross better than Bissouma? I'll never agree to that. (Unless we're talking penalty shootouts:lolol:)

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Not sure how you work that out. How can it be fact? :mad: It proved to be a sufficient option, but Gross better than Bissouma? I'll never agree to that. (Unless we're talking penalty shootouts:lolol:)

If we're talking who has been more influential since signing for us then Groß all day long. Plus he can hit the target. Biss has only just started to bloom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did - subliminally.

This morning I put my lucky Gross t-shirt on.
I clearly inspired GPott to do the same..
The Albion won.

Don't feel the need to thank me for the 3 point, although..

...It would be churlish not too.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Pascal has to be one of the best pound for pound signings in PL history. No pace but wonderful touch and awareness. 107 BHA appearances and 14 goals. Fabulous footballer.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
One thing I've noticed about Gross since GP arrived. He's not much if any quicker but he doesn't half put a shift in.

No one else is close for dead ball delivery.

He has always put in a shift. That’s got nothing to do with GP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Most underrated Brighton player. Done a lot for the club since promotion but he's still not rated by some of Brighton fans because of his motoric attributes. Was great today !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think 9 hours on he’s still in the middle of one of his pedestrian Cruyff turns! Amazing how players fall for it every time, I can see it coming a mile off!

It’s a thing of rare beauty and in the midst of a premier league game played at a million miles an hour, it is like time stands still for him!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Today Potter selected Gross over Bissouma- we won the game - so today it was clearly the right decision- that is fact - Was it tactical genius or luck we will never know but today it worked and we won for only the third time this season.

Stumpy Tim

This season Gross has been played almost entirely in that defensive midfield position, I assume as he very rarely gives the ball away. And yet, in every game he plays there the Commentator says at least once that this season Gross has been playing further forward and so he's not used to this position. Does my head in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here