Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who would have picked him ahead of Bissouma today, other than Potter?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not me, I was really worried that we would be pegged back with a midfield of Gross and White, but Potter tactics spot on.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Bit chalk and cheese those two. Gross has a lot of class about him and is a better footballer. Biss still has lots to learn about the game. The players in the squad have started to develop individually and as a team. We have so many options and today’s result might give them a bit more confidence. I really like watching our football and I am sure the goals will come eventually and get us out of trouble.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To my mind long term MacAllister and Gross are probably playing for the same position, and I'd favour Ally Mac more often than not if he keeps his progression going. That said Gross did nothing particularly wrong today.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think for the first time NSC was universal in an opinion. No one expected Biss not to start.

Even as a Potter in, I was concerned about the lineup.

Huge call from the manager, so everyone has to give him credit for that. Tactically superb, especially in the first half were we completely neutered Leeds play.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Squad rotation, horses for courses, people get tired/twinges, and I'm just a supporter so I know nothing.

Tau looked a bit out of sorts when he came on so maybe that's why he did didn't start.

But we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. :shrug:

I predicted Biss would start though, of course. :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gross has done well to force himself back into the reckoning, as it looked like he had fallen out of favour.

It's interesting Potter kept him while allowing Stephens and Mooy to leave. Potter obviously sees what he brings to the dressing room and on the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gross has done well to force himself back into the reckoning, as it looked like he had fallen out of favour.

It's interesting Potter kept him while allowing Stephens and Mooy to leave. Potter obviously sees what he brings to the dressing room and on the pitch.

Yes, good point - but he is far superior to Moody IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

Gross' chance creation stats are top notch and he chips in with goals and assists. He's a very solid player. If he had pace he'd be at a top 6 side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Squad rotation, horses for courses, people get tired/twinges, and I'm just a supporter so I know nothing.

Tau looked a bit out of sorts when he came on so maybe that's why he did didn't start.

But we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. :shrug:

I predicted Biss would start though, of course. :lolol:

Exactly, trust in GP, I really do believe that he knows what he’s doing (Potter fanboy here)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Also, there is nobody else who you would vaguely trust to take a penalty in that line up.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
One thing I've noticed about Gross since GP arrived. He's not much if any quicker but he doesn't half put a shift in.

No one else is close for dead ball delivery.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did - subliminally.

This morning I put my lucky Gross t-shirt on.
I clearly inspired GPott to do the same..
The Albion won.

Don't feel the need to thank me for the 3 point, although..

...It would be churlish not too.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
One thing I've noticed about Gross since GP arrived. He's not much if any quicker but he doesn't half put a shift in.

No one else is close for dead ball delivery.

Even his crossing with his left foot is better than most. Better than March's. At least he gets a cross in.

However skillful Trossard may be he didn't put a cross in all game (if any) anywhere near as good as Gross with his weaker foot.

Jimmy Grimble

I thought he was excellent today. Extremely clever in position and in possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here