Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Veltman

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Eating my words on this one.

Outstanding. Ridiculously solid. Technically champions League quality..

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We will have to find a way to play Veltman and Lamptey. Most likely way to do this is push Burn to LWB and White in the midfield

So the defence looks a bit like ....

Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey White Bissouma Burn

Don't think that means i'm dropping Gross, but he's going to have to fight it out with Lallana, MacAllister, Trossard for the places in behind the striker.

Fabulous competition for places

I just think Lamptey has to be in.

He is the one who has the pace and unpredictability to scare the **** out of teams

Or.. push Lamptey up to a more forward position. Which is where I think he’ll end up playing one day.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mings had a good game, if he plays like that regularly Villa will rightly think they've done good business getting him for £25M,

£25M

:bigwave:

:smokin:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very good again today. Kept Grealish quiet - with a little help from White and very positive going forward.
Quite the bargain

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Utterly extraordinary isn’t it? That we have 4 centre backs who are better than a current England international, whose only objective seems to be to find touch.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Utterly extraordinary isn’t it? That we have 4 centre backs who are better than a current England international, whose only objective seems to be to find touch.

Southgate probably thinks Mings was the best centreback on the pitch tonight [emoji38]

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We will have to find a way to play Veltman and Lamptey. Most likely way to do this is push Burn to LWB and White in the midfield

So the defence looks a bit like ....

Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey White Bissouma Burn

Don't think that means i'm dropping Gross, but he's going to have to fight it out with Lallana, MacAllister, Trossard for the places in behind the striker.

Fabulous competition for places

I just think Lamptey has to be in.

He is the one who has the pace and unpredictability to scare the **** out of teams

The most logical option would be to play Lamptey or Veltman at LWB.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Southgate probably thinks Mings was the best centreback on the pitch tonight [emoji38]

True, but he won’t have been watching will he. Dunk has been imperious this week - calm and intelligent with his use of the ball. Some of his passing is exquisite. Mings shanks more balls than me on the golf course!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had no clue he could hit a ball with his left like he did twice. He’s a bit out of position but seems to have adapted and looks more comfortable there now. Top signing!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He did a top job on snuffing out Grealish, their greatest threat. There haven’t been many games this season when Grealish has been totally ineffective. Veltman forced him to pass the ball backwards or on the rare occasions he went forward he gave it away. One shot on target - I think tonight proved that Villa are a one man team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reminds me of Bruno. Some big similarities in his ability to read the game, delivery into the box, pace and positioning.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Had no clue he could hit a ball with his left like he did twice. He’s a bit out of position but seems to have adapted and looks more comfortable there now. Top signing!

He's properly two footed, in stark contrast to most of our team. Particularly our English players

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Also noticed him having a chat with the ref seemingly about Grealish's playacting.
The later Grealish gets a yellow for dragging back JV on the half way line.

Experienced player, knows there's more to the game than just playing well.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Reminds me of Bruno. Some big similarities in his ability to read the game, delivery into the box, pace and positioning.

Reminds me more of Pocognoli and the qualities I liked about him. Slightly unorthodox and a bit of a wind up merchant. Will probs score a free kick this season as well once everyone else realises they can’t shoot properly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Excellent game from him yesterday, looked almost as likely as Trossard to make something happen up front, but also had Grealish under control.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We have been crying out for wide players to be able to cut in and shoot. He supplied that and is truly 2 footed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here