Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Veltman

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very good again.

He has undoubted pedigree and it was obvious to nearly all that he was going to be a good signing.

Lamptey comes back in for me when fit, which will allow Veltman to play as right sided centre back .... his best position.

My view is that when everyone is fit .... the best defence and midfield is nailed on

--------------Sanchez
----Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey White Bissouma March

But there's decent back up for these positions, such as Burn and Alzate

The last 3 places are being fought over by 10 players ...... MacAllister, Tau, Trossard, Maupay, Connolly, Gross, Zeqiri, Wellbeck, Lallana and Ali J

Probably there will be plenty of rotation over these positions

Shorehamseagull

Dec 23, 2019
Very good again.

He has undoubted pedigree and it was obvious to nearly all that he was going to be a good signing.

Lamptey comes back in for me when fit, which will allow Veltman to play as right sided centre back .... his best position.

My view is that when everyone is fit .... the best defence and midfield is nailed on

--------------Sanchez
----Veltman Dunk Webster

But there's decent back up for these positions, such as Burn and Alzate

The last 3 places are being fought over by 10 players ...... MacAllister, Tau, Trossard, Maupay, Connolly, Gross, Zeqiri, Wellbeck, Lallana and Ali J

Probably there will be plenty of rotation over these positions

Plus Moder!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
The great thing about Veltman at RB/RWB is that he slots in nicely when Webster makes his bombing forward runs. He is also a typically Dutch player- great first touch, techinally excellent and good with both feet.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Can see the Ajax class ooze out the lad. Really assured defending and got down the flank enough to provide support. Don’t get me wrong, I wanna see Lamptey back. But Veltman in his current form just means we don’t have to rush Lamptey back.

Very good signing for a bargain price.

Jul 7, 2003
And capable of just the right amount of shithousery.

He is a bit of a gentleman assassin. He’ll kick your ankle without the ref seeing it, then put the ball out of play, check you are okay and help you to your feet again.

Solid player and great signing. Will be even better if Potter played him in his best position.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Very good again.

--------------Sanchez
----Veltman Dunk Webster

After White's last two performances, I fully agree.
That's my preferred Defence/Midfield.

Veltman is a superb signing.
Been a big fan from day1.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Veltman is absolute class and and a step above what we are used to, I hope he is not binned once Lamptey comes back.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
An accomplished display today. Excellent as was the whole back line. Dunk and Webster were sublime too. Burn was was his usual underrated self and Solly as always was very good. God help me but I'm starting to think there is hope.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been watching his closely during games and he fulfils the RB spot very well. I'd even accept a £40m+ bid for Lamptey and not worry about cover for the remainder of the season knowing Veltman will do a great job

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m going to put this out there......we actually look a better unit without Lamptey.
When he plays it can be a bit “give it to Tariq”
Maybe he needs to be moved further forward?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Glad this is being recognised. Like any defender, he can get caught out, particularly seems blind sided by overlapping runs (this could be more to do with the ever changing midfiled not covering), but has looked really good since signing and is now getting more conifident going forward. Gives GP something different to Lamptey - and we know he likes to have players with slightly different attributes for each position. Great buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here