Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Mac

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Not only the difference in recent weeks but I am convinced the improvements in Gross and Trossard are directly linked to him playing well in the middle

Had made the role his own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's the conductor and has definitely raised their games.

Best part is...we're still waiting for Lamptey to come back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He's fast becoming my favourite player. He's such a classy player, who oozes quality and most importantly has an end product. He links up superbly with Trossard, Maupay and Gross and is instrumental in creating our best chances. I particularly like how he'll drop deep and allow Gross to get forward too thus enabling another of our best chance creators to play in the part of the pitch he's most dangerous.

We appear to have found a successful balance to the team and he's a key part of it. Long may it and he continue.

Dec 29, 2011
He only turned 22 last month. It's scary how good this guy could be. Are we the English version of Monaco, buying young talent and then selling them for big money when they develop?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was very impressed with him yesterday and with Biss it is looking good - they work well with Gross too who looks good when there is quality alongside him

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Fast becoming one the first names on the team sheet. Looks calm and assured on the ball and can find a pass that not many others can, also has an aggressive side as well and isn't afraid to get involved in a scrap or put a tackle in. Long may it continue

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I love seeing a talented, creative player work so hard too and his leap to win a header against a much taller player in the first half was one of many highlights in the game for me.

He tracks back and puts in some decent tackles too. It was something I noticed against Citeh but he was doing yesterday too. For such a creative player, he's prepared to do a lot of the grunt work as well.

I've long been a fan: I think he should have played more earlier in the season - you don't get to play for Argentina unless you're pretty handy, we just had to get him used to English football

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fast becoming one the first names on the team sheet. Looks calm and assured on the ball and can find a pass that not many others can, also has an aggressive side as well and isn't afraid to get involved in a scrap or put a tackle in. Long may it continue

yep .....all big pluses , if percy starts firing we're going to be on the rampage before we know it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He tracks back and puts in some decent tackles too. It was something I noticed against Citeh but he was doing yesterday too. For such a creative player, he's prepared to do a lot of the grunt work as well.

I've long been a fan: I think he should have played more earlier in the season - you don't get to play for Argentina unless you're pretty handy, we just had to get him used to English football

did he not test positive to covid at some point..??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
did he not test positive to covid at some point..??

I think he did but wasn't that after the season started? He played in the LC games and was on the bench for PL. I think he should have played a bit more then

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I love him. He’s just brilliant.

His appreciation of space is outstanding, he is a joy to watch. He is the type of player I love and that we just don’t create in this country. Iniesta-like.

I love seeing a talented, creative player work so hard too and his leap to win a header against a much taller player in the first half was one of many highlights in the game for me.

Good call. I was only thinking last night how he was like Iniesta or to a lesser extent Xavi. Truly a very good player who may well turn out to be World Class. Mac and Biss a wonderful (food) combo!

TNBA

TTF

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Current midfield...

Mac:- doing the unexpected, fluid, clever, awareness.

Biss:- control, composure, disrupts, distribution.

Gross:- resurgent, crafty, creative, calm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Current midfield...

Mac:- doing the unexpected, fluid, clever, awareness.

Biss:- control, composure, disrupts, distribution.

Gross:- resurgent, crafty, creative, calm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So, last year Brentford had a BMW frontline and this year we've got a MGB midfield!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Any player that the opposition clatter repeatedly is a good one so on that basis opposition are rightly scared of this man as he creates good chances for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he did but wasn't that after the season started? He played in the LC games and was on the bench for PL. I think he should have played a bit more then

He did go off for the boil for a run of games. Of course understandable being young, in a foreign country during a pandemic and it looks like Potter has managed him well, taking him out of the team and letting him get back into form

Jimmy Grimble

I was worried he wouldn’t have enough bite about him and that he would be one of those technically gifted players dubbed too lightweight but that worry has drifted away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here